I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Critter Cam Blogging...
Posted by: marc forrest (66.241.91.---)
Date: March 06, 2005 06:14PM

A bit of Levity...

if you would permit me.

Rod builders,

My next effort will be the construction of a Dan Craft FT series 8 wt rod.

while waiting for the blank and associated parts I thought I might share some critter cam images...

[www.mind.net]

pls forgive me if I've spoiled your bandwidth, dinner etc...

mforrest

ps: I'm still keen on trying to develop a castable fly cam - ideas welcomed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Critter Cam Blogging...
Posted by: David Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 07, 2005 11:04PM

Thanks for the diversion. I love watching animals, especially wild ones. I used to live in a very wooded area where I put out lots of sunflower seeds for the many varieties of song birds and other critters. Most nights it would attract three red foxes (one missing a tail) accompanied by a skunk and two raccoons. Wherever the skunk chose to go the others quickly gave him a wide berth.

In addition, every day a Tom Turkey with about four Jakes came to feed. I spread lots of the seed on the ground and if there was snow they would do their scratching dance until the ground was clear. In very deep snow there were squirrels burrowing under it to get to the seed, and occasionally one would startle a turkey. I was putting out 50#'s of striped sunflower seed per month. The chipmucks and squirels must have been storing most of it. I miss that interaction with nature now that I live in busy little village.

Re: Critter Cam Blogging...
Posted by: marc forrest (66.241.91.---)
Date: March 08, 2005 07:05PM

I know what you mean David,

the house i live in is well over a hundred years old... there have probably been countless generations of raccoons born nearby... three winters ago a momma coon got in our wall (the opening has since been abated). This old coon had a litter of three, two big ones and a runt... she scootedem' out one fine morning in may... while they were pipsqueaks in the wall next to my stereo i used to play opera for them...

they come to visit when i put on certain musical pieces...

i know i'm inviting trouble by feeding them but it's just a little during the winter to get them thru the hard times... i taper the grub off by summer...

of course there are always the feral cats... and occasional cougar.

cheers!

marc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster