I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Home from Charlotte
Posted by: Dave Boyle (---.dsl.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: March 06, 2005 04:23AM

G'day,

After a round trip of 9 flights and 6 hours of driving, today I finally made it home to Roxby Downs.

Charlotte was a fantastic experience, especially meeting people and seeing so much stuff on display. I was fortunate enough to be on a stand adjacent to Ken Preston, and his attitude of friendliness and sharing typified the show for me. I met a lot of great people and caught up with some good friends. Just wish I took more photos!

There was one scare on the way home when the airline misplaced my suitcase, however it showed up eventually, so my guides, cork rings and marbelised pen are now safe :-)

Thank You to Tom Kirkman for his efforts in organising and promoting the show.

Regards
Dave Boyle
www.visualwrap.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Home from Charlotte
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tnt1.broken-hill.au.da.uu.net)
Date: March 06, 2005 06:06AM

Hi Dave,

Great you made it home safe and sound. I'll have to catch up with you and have a chat about Charlotte, visualwrap. marbellising and that great cork.

Regards
Mark

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.004.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: March 06, 2005 06:54AM

Welcome home Dave,
I will let you settle in before I bombard you with questions on viswrap.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 06, 2005 09:21AM

Geez. Didn't you leave on TUESDAY? You posted Saturday morning. PLeasure hanging with you, looking foward to next year. how was Bass Pro?

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: March 06, 2005 11:08AM

I was as impressed with your new computerized program on weaves as I was with you, David. I was very impressed with this whole idea and look forward to the finalized product later this early summer(?). Nice meeting you; you have the first marbleized pen in Australia, but two more are done in my shop and will be mailed this week to Bearclaw and his way-better-half!!

Putter

Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.158.183.234.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)
Date: March 06, 2005 11:08AM

How does an Australian accent with a southern draw sound? lol

Posted by: Dennis Papike (---.broadband.oakhurst.s)
Date: March 06, 2005 11:31AM

And I thought it was a long trip from Caifornia, Wheew!!! Can't wait for you weave program to come out, like Putter said, it 's very impressive. I'm salivating over the thought of what a person will be able to do with it.

Posted by: Dave Boyle (203.1.191.---)
Date: March 06, 2005 03:51PM

Jim - You guys are the ones with the accents! lol

Putter - The pen is a gem, thank you :-)

There are no promises about the release date of Weave, however mid-year is the current target.

Billy - I spent a couple of days recovering by the beach before hiking back to the desert. Visiting Bass Pro was definitely a highlight. I was zonked out with jetlag for most of the trip, just recovering now. Did anyone get a photo of you and Mark Crouse standing together with complementary hairdos? :-D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster