I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
0 for 3 at Mudhole
Posted by: JIm Rosch (---.mmm.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 07:54AM

Just to let you guys know some of the problems Ive had with this store. First i ordered Clemens thread art book ,recieved email saying b/o for 2 weeks, next Doc Ski's dvd, imagine b/o 2 weeks.
Maybe after the first order I place with them took over 2 weeks to get all items ( that were ordered all at once) and pay separate shipping on them as they showed I should have known better. Im sorry but after this I find it highly unlikely I would buy from them or recomend them to anyone.

"Although my questions may seem simple to some, not asking them would make me simple."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 0 for 3 at Mudhole
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.248.64.7.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 08:01AM

The last time I used them, an item was not in stock -- I got a phone call and got an item that was. Nice service. Guess it don't work for every one?

10 for 10 at Mud Hole
Posted by: Gene Franz (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 08:43AM

I've had nothing but good service and quality items from Mud Hole. I highly recommend them. Great people. Scott will help you with any problem. Just call him and expect quick results.

Posted by: Michael Sledden (208.21.98.---)
Date: March 02, 2005 08:50AM

Myself I have had nothing but great service with them. I have had items b/o, but have received them promptly after they had them on hand.

Posted by: Tom Doyle (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 09:17AM

I have a disability, I'm deaf, and so can't call the sponsors, as some have suggested as a way to avoid the BO problem. So I depend on email to verify what's in stock. Mudhole has recently been very good in this regard. Custom Tackle, FishSticks4U and Richard have also been super in being responsive to emails.

(Aside: Some major retailers allow you to check a "No BO" box when placing an online order. A few also have an automatic "in-stock" indicator, though that's probably beyond the capabilities of small suppliers.)

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2005 09:33AM

I think we can safely say that most people are satisfied with the service from Mud Hole - if they weren't, Mud Hole would not be in business nor be the force they are in the rod building craft.

The same can be said of all the dealers listed to the left. They all make mistakes, none are perfect. But they all do pretty well by their customers, most of the time.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 09:37AM

I have had GREAT service from Mudhole (as well as all of the vendors that I have dealt with) Call Scott atMudhole, he will take care of you.

Mike

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.mynetrocks.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 09:40AM

I've never had a problem with Mudhole. Have always had excellent service and dont hesitate to recommend them.

Stan

Posted by: David Spence (---.aoc.state.nc.us)
Date: March 02, 2005 09:58AM

I try to support as many vendors as I can and have dealt with Mudhole quite a bit-great company, great people and great service. I can't imagine running a business and dealing with the volume they (and other vendors) deal with and not making a few mistakes now and then. I have tremendous respect for all the vendors and have never had a problem with any of them.

Date: March 02, 2005 10:04AM

Im glad you all have had good luck with them I'm just posting my results. Don't shoot the messenger. Maybe its just me, whats the old saying "If it wasn't for bad luck I'd haveno luck at all."

"Although my questions may seem simple to some, not asking them would make me simple."

Posted by: Anonymous User (63.146.104.---)
Date: March 02, 2005 10:19AM

jim-
don't say too much about mudholes bad service and reputation or your post will be deleted. be careful !!

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2005 10:25AM

It would only be deleted if he made personal attacks, was insulting or somehow obscene. I allow dissenting opinions and experiences when done in a civil manner. There is a right way and wrong way to do these things.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.clis.com.136.174.12.in-addr.arpa)
Date: March 02, 2005 10:33AM

I for one feel he should be allowed to share his experiences....good or bad. I am another fan of Mud Hole's service. In the past I have also received back ordered items with separate shipping charges. BUT I also notice that the shipping is very relative to the item you are receiving. On small items I routinely get charged less than $1 for shipping. I recently received a single spool of thread (backorder) and the shipping was approx. 1/5 the cost of the spool. In compairison I have ordered single spools from other companites (Sulky) and shipping was more than the cost of the spool.

I suppose it's all in the way you perceive a situation. I for one have no problems with Mud Hole....well except....I do wish they'd read the 'comments' section of their online orders a little better. All in all, great people to deal with!!!

Jay

Posted by: steve parks (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 10:47AM

I have a problem everytime I order from Mudhole. It's always something. I ordered some components to build a rod as a christmas present and waited and waited and waited for it to come in. So I called and they tell me the blank is back ordered. I cancled the order and ordered from another supplier. They also don't answer their emails. After I ordered some eva block I got an invoice for it with the shipping charges. The next day I got another invoice with shipping charges almost 3 times as much. I replied asking why my shipping charges had changed and I got no explanation. I'm not really trying to bash them but I've had a problem with them everytime. I know there's always gonna be some bad experiences and some folks have better luck with certain suppliers. My best experiences have come from Head or Tails, which is no longer in business, and Custom Tackle Supply.

Now if only I could get Bob to carry eva block. :D

Posted by: fred staley (---.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 11:26AM

I too have had great service from Mud Hole. I've had some items back ordered also, but was notified quickly when that was the case. They delivered my last order to me at the recent rod show and helped me avoid shipping charges. On that one, afterwards I realized I had ordered the wrong butt cap and forgot a piece of grip! Since that one does have a couple items on backorder (a Fuji soft touch grip they special ordered for me), Mud Hole pleasantly added them and they'll be send along with backordered items.

And they've always been very helpful answering emails from me about blanks and components.

Plus, Mud Hole seems to have the best selection of components that I've seen.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 11:43AM

Hello Jim,

Thank you for posting your feedback. If it was not for thoughtful customers like yourself, we would not be able to meet our customer service expectations. I first want to apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. We strive for 110% customer satisfaction; unfortunately it seems we did not satisfy that level of service to your satisfaction.

As posted here, we have thousands of very satisfied customers whom we deal with. We will do what ever is needed to satisfy your concerns and correct these problems. In looking into the issues behind your backorders, your problems stems from delivery from our vendors and the Charlotte show.

You ordered the Thread Art book on 3/1/05 and we sent you the following message:
3/1/2005 3:01 pm
(Message) Title: Mud Hole Order SO11983 Next Day
Name: EMP115 Lynne Roach
Memo

Left a phone message, but thought I'd try this in case you check email during the day. We have received your order SO11983 for 'Next Day' shipment, but the Custom Thread Art RBK4 Book is Back Ordered.

We should receive stock in approx 10 days and then ship, unless I hear otherwise from you. Should we still ship 'Next' Day service?

Look to hear from you,
Lynne Roach
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
407-447-7637

You ordered Doc Ski’s new DVD on 2/27/05 and on 2/28/05 we sent you this message:
2/28/2005 4:32 pm
(Message) Title: Mud Hole Order SO11851
Name: EMP115 Lynne Roach
Memo

James,

We received your order SO11851, but the DVD-3 Doc Ski Advanced Weaving Tech DVD is temporarily out of stock and on order. Don't have an ETA, but looking at 2 weeks. Apologize for the delay. We will fill this as soon as it is available.

Best to you,
Lynne Roach
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
407-447-7637

I think we acted appropriately in both cases by informing you immediately of the stock situation. Please allow me to elaborate as to why these 2 back orders occurred.

1) We sold all the copies of the Thread Art Book we had at the recent show in Charlotte, as Lynne said we have more on order and will ship one to you when they arrive.
2) Regarding the Doc Ski DVD – As I posted here and Doc Ski confirmed, Doc Ski’s producer recently changed formats from video to DVD without telling his distributors, so when Mud Hole placed and order for video’s, two weeks later we were informed that the videos were not longer available but the format is now DVD and did we want the DVD’s instead. We said yes and immediately changed the item online, but the producer (a one man company) is in Hawaii shooting a new fishing video for the last 2 weeks and has not shipped any orders out.

I hope this clarifies the current back order situation for you and the problems they we as distributors face in this industry when we deal with many small manufacturing companies. If you did not want to wait for these back ordered items you can still welcome to cancel the order with us.

Regarding you original order which you claim took 2 weeks to ship, our records indicate that your order was placed on 1/20/05, shipped the same day on 1/20/05 with a one spool of x521ma-9000 thread back ordered. That spool of thread was shipped on 1/25/05 – 5 days later not 2 weeks and yes you were charged $0.62 for shipping on the backordered thread. Our back order shipping policy’s are listed on our web site.

Again, we apologize again for the inconvenience but I feel we acted appropriately in handling your orders and informing you of your order status. I hope this message serves to provide you (and the readers of this forum) additional information as to why these back order occurred. We value your patronage and hope that if you decided to order from us in the future, your future orders with us will be positive experiences.

If the staff of Mud Hole Custom Tackle or myself may provide you with any additional service, please call contact us toll free at 800-673-3474.

Best regards,
Tom McNamara
President/CEO
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
[www.mudhole.com]
Phone: (407) 447-RODS

Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 12:01PM

I have ordered several times from Muhole, and have never had a problem. For that matter I have not had a problem with any supplier for long long time. Primarily because of the way I order - For items I need now, must haves, I never fax in, mail order, or order in any way via a method that does not require a "face to face" transaction. I always call and run a stock check, then I order if all the parts are avail. If not avail then I go elsewhere.

For items that are NOT "must have now", parts that I keep a stock of, i.e. guides, thread, grips, etc. I will allow back orders.

Lou

Posted by: Tom Doyle (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 12:09PM

This is possibly a good thread to get some things clarified. Tom McNamara said, "Our back order shipping policy's are listed on our web site." I clicked on both "Customer Service" and "Terms of Sale", read everything carefully, and could find nothing about back orders or back order charges. Since that has been a concern of mine, would appreciate knowing where to find the relevant information.

Date: March 02, 2005 12:14PM

Tom,
Im impressed that you took the time and effort to reply, but if thread shipped 5 days later and took 5 to get that was 10 days total (not 2 weeks = 14 days) water under the bridge now. I guess maybe I should phone orders in from now on that way I wont be disappointed on back orders. Once again Tom thank you for your reply, looks like you just earned another chance at my bussiness by showing you do care about service and hopefully thing go better in the future.
thanks Jim

Posted by: Rusty Hodnett (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 12:36PM

In my infinite ignorance, I ordered several items from MudHole that I ended up returning. No problem whatsoever. Credit was issued and the replacement items arrived on a very timely basis. My conversations with them were courteous and informatative...no hassle on the return, etc.
My experience couldn't have been more pleasant.

Rusty Hodnett

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster