I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Show pictures
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 01, 2005 02:41PM

I am going to compile a digital photo album of pix from the show and would really appreciate it if any of you that have pix that you took at the show would e-mail me copies to include in the album. This is NOT a business venture and will not be sold published!! I will be more that glad to give a copy of it to anyone that wants it free!!.

Mike Barkley
mbarkley@wowway.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Show pictures
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2005 05:02PM

Mike,
On the way to you. I had hoped more people would post up their photos as well as I had virtually NO time to go off & take photos.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.airservices.gov.au)
Date: March 01, 2005 05:08PM

Mike and Ken, you guys might have the great time at the show, but I still have the warm weather. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Date: March 01, 2005 06:25PM

Myles,
I had a great time at the show ... and a great time with the SNOW when I came home. You know, you've seen pictures of the stuff ...

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: March 01, 2005 06:41PM

Mike,
I took a few pictures, I will e-mail them to you
Bill Batson

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 01, 2005 07:22PM

I had my camera, but was too busy and completely forgot to take it out. I know Dave has quite a few, but who kows when he'll return home, as he left this afternoon.

Mike - pleasure meeting you, any questions on that grip please ask. Sorry it wasn't completed, but that's par for th ecourse with me.

Date: March 01, 2005 07:25PM

Well we know Billy did his own composition "th ecourse " LOL!

Date: March 01, 2005 09:49PM

HEY!!! I'm improving. I've moved away from TEH - I've got those pesky letters in the right position, I just gotta get the space settled.

Just so you know, I had to go back and fix both of the "TEH"'s I spelled wrong in this post. lol.

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 01, 2005 10:00PM

I got a few pictures of Putter and Mike's marbling demo along with Ken's color change/sparkling demo. I'll try to get them together an post them tomorrow. I'm still exhausted from all the walking from seminars and demo's to the rod isle. It now seems I walked continously for two days. I now have very sore leg muscles. Tom, I am convinced. I am going to take an old casting rod -put new guides on it-spiral wrap it and try it out. I don't want to take the time to fool with a new grip. If I like it, I'll build one from scratch.

Tom, i know you recommended coming to the rod show for many beginners. I am a beginner. I don't think anyone, regardless of their level of expertise can see and gain so much knowledge in two days than at the Charlotte show in 2005. I have one question for you. Did you learn anything from about rod building this show?? I am not ask or making recommendations about the show. I am asking about the craft of rod building!

I, as a professional chemist (retired) I really enjoyed my few minutes with Ralph O'Quinn discussing the technical aspects of the U-40 product line. I went to Lowe's today-bought a 2 oz. can or plastic wood-took the plastic wood out.($2.44)- and am now ready to put the next bottle of Permagloss in it. I was complaining about the stuff not lasting in the bottles and difficulty reopening the bottles. The "tap" screw arrangement needs to be addressed.

I don't care how many picatures or comments are made-Unless you were there-you cannot imagine!

Ed Smith

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: March 01, 2005 10:53PM

I'll get all that I took to you soon, Mike. The one with you and Tom turned out well; think you'll like it!
Also with Ralph!

Putter

Date: March 01, 2005 11:08PM

I wanna know how come Putter is in almost every picture I've seen... he must be really FAST

Date: March 02, 2005 06:57AM

I think it was the glow thtat surrounded him everywhere he went that drew the limelight to Putter. At one point he lost his cell phone, he comes over to ask if I saw one laying around. "Problem" was, he had a huge smile on his face and was happier than a pig in slop. I don't think I've ever met anyone who was that bubbly.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 10:26AM

I'd left it with Mrs. Hanneman as I went to pay for a pamphlet from them (digging change out of my pocket). She had it for me when I finally got to that end of the alleyway about 2 hours later...

Putter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster