I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Think I found the problem??
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.195.63.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 12:01PM

Hay guys, I just tried to use that Mozilla firefox browser. The site seems to work a lot better?? IE must have some issues??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Think I found the problem??
Posted by: Steve Ekstrand (---.sea1-4.27.224.88.sea1.dsl-verizon.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 12:44PM

I've got Firefox and use it occasionally but doesn't seem to help much.

Posted by: Stan Grace (---.hln-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 02:21PM

Bill
I'm using Firefox and it was still a problem for me yesterday but has improved today so I think it must have been a server problem.
Stan

Stan Grace
Helena, MT
"Our best is none too good"

Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 03:05PM

I am using Firefox too, site was stalling on me earlier. Seem ok for now.

Lou

Posted by: Bob Crook (65.54.154.---)
Date: February 27, 2005 03:22PM

I use IE and had trouble with opening certain web site a few month ago and emailed MSN Tech Support and following is the advice I got which corrected the problem. I do this about once every 10 days and since then have not had a problem with a slow or non opening site, it is amazing how many cookies & temporary files a remain after only a short time.

Bob

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
11/17/04
Hello Bob,
Thank you for writing to MSN Internet Access Technical Support.
My name is Nezza and I understand that you are having difficulty opening Web pages. .
Bob, the possible causes of your browsing issue are the following:
1. Your Internet Explorer is outdated
2. The Temporary Internet Files folder has been maximized that your machine can no longer accept and store cookies from certain websites.
3. Your SSL's are disabled.
SSL 2.0 specifies whether you want to send and receive secured information through SSL 2, the standard protocol for secure transmissions. All secure websites support this protocol. SSL 3.0 specifies whether you want to send and receive secured information through SSL 3 a protocol that is intended to be more secure than SSL 2.0. Note that some websites might not support this protocol. If one or both are not enabled, the data entered by the visitor will not be communicated to the site, resulting to either failed authentication or re-routing of the browser to an error page.
To resolve this issue, let us work on these steps:
Step 1. Update Internet Explorer by going to [www.Microsoft.com].
Step 2. Optimize Internet Explorer settings.
1. Open Internet Explorer by doing one of the following:
- Click on the blue 'e' icon on your desktop.
- Click 'Start', choose 'Run' and then type in the box 'iexplore' (without apostrophes).
- Click 'Start', choose 'All Programs, and then click on 'Internet Explorer'.
2. Click on 'Tools', and then 'Internet Options'.
3. Under the 'General tab', click 'Delete Cookies' in the Temporary Internet Files section.
4. When asked to confirm, click 'OK'.
5. Click'Delete Files'.
6. Select the 'Delete all offline content' check box, and then click 'OK'.
7. Click 'Clear History' button. When asked to confirm, click 'OK'.
8. Click 'Settings' button.
9. Adjust the amount of disk space to use to at least '300 MB', or 20 percent of your total hard drive size.
10. Click 'OK' to close the Settings dialog box.
11. Click the 'Security' tab.
12. Click the 'Internet' icon. Click the 'Default Level' button if available, and then click 'Apply'.
13. Click the 'Privacy' tab. Click the 'Default' button if available, and then click 'Apply'.
14. Click the 'Content' tab.
15. Click 'AutoComplete', Under 'Clear AutoComplete History', click 'Clear Forms' and 'Clear Passwords'.
16. Click 'OK' to close the 'AutoComplete Settings' window.
17. Click the 'Connections' tab. For each item listed under 'Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings', do the following:
a. Select the item (connection), and then click 'Settings', b. Clear all of the checkboxes, and then click 'OK'.
18. Click 'LAN Settings'. Clear all of the checkboxes, and then click 'OK.
19. Click the 'Advanced' tab. Click 'Restore Default' button.
20. Click 'Apply' then 'OK.
Step 3. Enable your SSL's.
1. Open Internet Explorer by doing one of the following:
- Click on the blue 'e' icon on your desktop.
- Click 'Start', choose 'Run' and then type in the box 'iexplore' (without apostrophes).
- Click 'Start', choose 'All Programs, and then click on 'Internet Explorer'.
2. Click on 'Tools' and then 'Internet Options.'
3. Click on the 'Advanced' tab.
4. Scroll down to 'Security.'
5. Scroll to the 'Security' section and click the boxes next to 'Use SSL 2.0' and 'Use SSL 3.0.' (Checkmarks should be inside the boxes). 6. Click 'Apply' and then 'OK.'
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.36.176.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 07:49PM

I have the automatic updates set up on Microsofts site. I also do matainace every day. A little much, but with a dail up connection ??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster