I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

GRAVY
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 26, 2005 11:18PM

The 2005 National Rod Builders Show is now half over yet and it's already met the expectations of most, if not downright exceeded them. Even though we more than doubled the number of retail vendors this year, those who are there for the second year have told me that their sales totals today alone, have eclipsed those of both days total last year.

Within minutes of the doors opening, the ailse of the Rod Building Show was jammed. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of rod builders. The seminars, even though they're taking place three abreast, are packing in anywhere from 40 to 100 builders each (and the exhibit hall show floor of the Rod Builders Show remained jammed). Only one had a somewhat so-so attendance. The rest have been very well received and very well attended. The estimate for number of rod builders has been 1,000+, although my personal feeling is that it's just a little shy of that. But, we'll likely hit that figure easily with more builders attending tomorrow.

The RodMaker Reception was a very low key but fun affair. The list of door prizes doubled during the day today, with more and more companies throwing their hat into the ring. I think we ended up giving away about 75 or 80 prizes. No speeches or structured event, just some food, drinks and free rod building stuff.

You'll be hearing more abou the show in the coming days. All I can say thus far, is that it isn't perfect (what is) but it has easily met everyone's expectations and then some and we're only halfway through. Tomorrow is just gravy. It's just been in incredible event.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2005 11:21PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GRAVY
Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.nas3.saint-louis1.mo.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 11:31PM

I'm very envious of everyone who was able to attend. I'm glad it went so well! I think the more interest that is shown to the companies, the more interest the companies have in us. The more that is learned at the show will lead to better product by us, leading to more interest from fishermen.

Nothing but good can come from this show! Many thanks to you Tom, as well as to all of the sponsors who helped make this happen!

Posted by: eric zamora (---.246.209.225.Dial1.SanJose1.Level3.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 12:26AM

just curious... any local media in charlotte covering the event? i should have thought of this before... but a simple press release sent out to local media could have churned up some local coverage for the sat evening news, pumping up attendence even more so for sunday. it's never too late to place a call to a couple of news desks at local tv stations.. people working sundays at my newspaper are sometimes bored, it's slow and something unique might be worth checking out.

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.or4.marketscore.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 05:41AM

I saw a few TV cameras set up, but you really had to have your head up once in a while to notice them. And it was hard to see the big picture with all to see!! They weren't there long and I ran the other direction when the lens turned! This is a wonderful event; wish more of you could have found a way to be here!

Putter

Posted by: eric zamora (---.246.210.219.Dial1.SanJose1.Level3.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 05:46AM

"wish more of you could have found a way to be here!"

me too :-(

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 27, 2005 05:55AM

We were on top of that. The local FOX news affiliate did 6 live broadcasts and the outdoor writer for the Charlotte Observer was given the red carpet treatment. He plans to write an article on the rod building show to run in a near future issue of his paper's outdoor section.

Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 08:12AM

Congrats to all!

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 10:30AM

Wish I could have went too.... work @#$%& sometimes.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2005 06:41PM

REgarding the TV Crew - I was scribbling my E-mail address in Andy Dear's booth, when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I got stage fright, spelled my e-mail address wrong, and goofingly asked the cameraman - "Hey, How are you doing". THen, I turned to teh microphone guy, asking him how he was doing. I hope that didnt or doesn't make the cuts, lol.

What a SUPER time I had, I cannot begin to explain it.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2005 09:03PM

I'm right with you, Billy-this is hard to explain. It's Monday evening here in Virginia and I still can't completely digest everything that has transpired. What a wonderful time; a tremendous group of people that we just met and made friends with! Where do we begin trying to explain all that was done and learned in those two days?

Putter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster