I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Is this site acting funny?
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.195.216.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 12:19PM

is this site acting slow when any one else tries to post? Or is it my computer??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is this site acting funny?
Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 26, 2005 12:26PM

Bill - I had a bunch of trou ble getting on yesterday too but since I am computer stupid I just figured it was me.

Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 12:26PM

Bill, I've noticed a differance this morning, Even restarted my machine. It helped some, but its' still running slower than normal.

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.195.216.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 12:32PM

I am thinking some hacker is attacking Microsoft -- again? Think I will do a virus scan just to be safe. Got protection? Maybe no one is left to watch the servers??? LOL All at the show Keep thinking next one will be an Apple!!

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: February 26, 2005 12:56PM

RBO is loading pages at a snail's pace Sat.Feb.26th.
Also this entire week I have had the First Page post without the usual
"LAST POST BY" and "TIME of LAST POST". Info appears on Page 2+.
Again, I thought it was a "just me & my browser / IP" problem until BB spoke up.
-Cliff Hall, Gainesville, FL- using dial-up connection @ufl.edu + Netscape 7.1.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.183.161.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 01:22PM

Well no viruses

Posted by: John Dow (---.60.169.82.adsl.snet.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 01:27PM

Yes Bill it is loading slowly up here too . No one cares , they're all at the show............LOL

Got Fish ?

Posted by: Stan Grace (---.hln-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 01:29PM

I've had the same problem navigating on this site. Have also run a virus check on my computer but it comes up clean although it seems to be slow on other sites too. I haven't "timed out" on any others as I have here though.

Stan Grace
Helena, MT
"Our best is none too good"

Posted by: Erik Hilliard (66.98.96.---)
Date: February 26, 2005 01:37PM

I've had some intermittent problems the last two days accessing a couple of different sites hosted by pairowoodies, including this one. It could be they are having hardware (server) problems, or it could be a problem with the communication lines running to their location. Either way, the problem hasn't lasted more than a couple of minutes at a time that I've noticed.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.183.161.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 01:37PM

Think there is a central location where info is put on to the internet. had this happen about a year or so ago, they were having problems??
Still rather be fishin -- too cold

Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: February 26, 2005 03:14PM

It's loading slowly or not at all for me. Tried several times Sat morning only to get a "Connection Refused" error. Tried again just now and got on.

I am on a wideband connection, other sites are loading quickly.

Lou

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (---.clis.com)
Date: February 26, 2005 04:48PM

Yep me too. ERROR.....about half the time I try.

Jay

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.002.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: February 26, 2005 05:35PM

Tom probably got the site running in some sort of downgraded or on a higher protection as he is busy at the Show.

Bill, still looking out the window.

Posted by: Ed Carr (---.stkn.dial.netzero.com)
Date: February 26, 2005 09:34PM

Well I'm glad its the site or something other than my computer. I was thinking I had a virus. Took 5 min. for page to load. I'll check my computer just to be safe.ED..

Posted by: Scott VanGuilder (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 08:42AM

Things seem to be working fine for me this am.

I work in the networking/computer business and there is a whole list of things that could be causing the problems that were described here.
Bandwidth on the server end is the usual problem, followed by an actual problem with the server and down the list. Gets kinda complex and not so easy to solve, I actually got called into work yesterday for something similar where I work.

Unless Tom hosts his own site on his own servers, there was probably someone there working on the problem yesterday and got it corrected. Ah yes the unsung heros in the IT business:-)

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.201.179.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 08:55AM

Scott These are the guys that we yeal at when some thing goes wrong with our computers, but we never thank them when it is fixed. What the hay, that is why they get the big bucks

Posted by: Scott VanGuilder (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: February 28, 2005 07:49AM

I agree some people in the field make some pretty good money, but not all. The guy that gets called in on a Saturday to get things running is usually not the guy making big bucks. And it is true no one notices until things break, they never notice all the time that things are going well and no problems.

But this is a great site and there is someone behind the scenes making it what it is and keeping it available for us rod building geeks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster