I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

immaturity
Posted by: eric riggs (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: February 09, 2005 02:02AM

It's a crying shame that with all the work, time and effort , by Tom, to GIVE us such a wonderful
forum, that some people have to be so immature and abuse this privlage like the poster below!
Thank YOU Tom , I am embarrased for the jerk who posted all that crap! Since they will NOT,
let me do it for them....I am sorry for being such a dumb inconsiderate S@$^#^%#(t

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: immaturity
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: February 09, 2005 02:06AM

Hey, Eric, rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Anytime anyone has a website with an open forum, these things will happen. Not responding to these things is the best way to deal with them, though.

Posted by: Patrick Vernacchio (---.telalaska.com)
Date: February 09, 2005 04:43AM

Eric, What post?

Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.153.190.248.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: February 09, 2005 05:06AM

I was here at 3:30 a.m. EST Wednesday and saw all the trash that was posted. I am back at 5:04a.m. and the trash messages are gone so obviously Tom got to the messages and deleted them.

Lou

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.183.70.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 09, 2005 08:22AM

Wish I could have seen them, I love giving them boanheads a nice e-mail Ah Gee

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.183.70.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 09, 2005 08:23AM

Lou Can't sleep?? LOL

Posted by: Denny Venutolo (---.ourhostingserver.com)
Date: February 09, 2005 08:58AM

There has always been a group that wished this site didn't exist. They can't sell what somebody else is giving away for free. If it were not for this site and a handful of others, then a lot of rod building information would be held hostage and only available for a fee.

To Tom's credit, you know his own site has to hurt sales of Rodmaker, which although it is much better than even this board, will be seen as redundant by many. But to provide not only the magazine but this site where others can at least get good info for free, says a lot.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 09, 2005 09:05AM

It's an ongoing problem that will soon be dealt with. I appreciate the concern but we needn't discuss it here. Thanks.

Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: February 09, 2005 05:07PM

Bill B., no I could not sleep. I am a night owl by habit and do alot of my work in the wee hours of the morning. The computer is always on and nearby, so I drop by often.

Lou

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.36.16.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 09, 2005 05:52PM

You got the addition. Wate till this board goes down and you will see posts of people having fits??!! LOL

Posted by: Patrick Vernacchio (---.telalaska.com)
Date: February 09, 2005 07:36PM

Denny, I don't know if this site affects the magazine in a negative way. Without real market analysis, it would only be speculation. Anecdotally, I subscribe as a result of the website, and I know others have as well.
I don't know of many specialty magazines that provide information in the manner that Rodbuilder does. The grahics are the highest quality, and the information provided is very insightful. I don't read everything, but what I do read I enjoy. The questions, the comments. It's all there for review and re-review.
I hope it doesn't negatively affect Rodmaker magazine. There just ain't anything out there that compares.
But I appreciate your concerns as I'm sure Tom and the other rodbuilders do.

Patrick Vernacchio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2005 12:11AM by Patrick Vernacchio.

Posted by: Neil Toland (---.dsl.louisacomm.net)
Date: February 09, 2005 09:35PM

Denny Venutolo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To Tom's credit, you know his own site has to hurt
> sales of Rodmaker,

Hi Denny,
I subscribed to Rodmaker Because of this site. Bet there's several others that have as well - hope so anyway. I'd never heard of the magazine until I stumbled onto this place. Just a wealth of information from both sources for a novice like me.

Posted by: Richard Carlsen (---.avci.net)
Date: February 10, 2005 06:52AM

Eric

For several years I visited a fly-fishing BB which was great fun and informative (VFS). Then the slammers and flamers took over. You could never post something they didn't like or disagree with as they would commence a personal assault on you. At times, it got downright nasty. I put up with it as long as I could but then finally made the decision to bail out. A person does not need that kind of junk in his/her life.

One of the aspects of this BB that I really like and appreciate here is the civility with which information is exchanged. This is not only a learning place but the best demonstration I know of on how a successful BB can operate within the bounds of good behavior.

My hat is off to all.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 12, 2005 05:15PM

Recent problems here go beyond any sort of random or personal type attacks. There is a contingent that believes that their own purposes would be better served if this site would go under. I have what I need to pursue a bit stronger course of action at this point and expect to have the situation well in hand by the end of this month.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster