I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

weaving loom advice needed
Posted by: Anonymous User (63.146.104.---)
Date: February 04, 2005 04:19PM

i have talked to a few guys that make and sell looms, but want to hear from people that are actually using them. the only opinions so far is one said the WW was too complicated and one said it is real simple. any thoughts on that one and others is appreciated!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: weaving loom advice needed
Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca1.elnk.dsl.genuity.)
Date: February 04, 2005 05:44PM

John; The Wonder Weaver is no more or less complicated than any other weaving device. It differs in the fact that it will allow you weave on any axis you wish and do multiple patterns at the same time as long as you have the blank circumference to accommodate them. You are able to weave a design on one axis and initials on the opposite axis if you wish, at the same time. The principle is the same as any another weaving device.

Posted by: Kerry Hansen (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 04, 2005 05:45PM

You should do a search, (click on the top of the page) there are 54 different emails concerning weaving and many talk about what the person thought as the best or a great Weaving Loom.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 04, 2005 07:54PM

All of these devices do pretty much the same thing and operate in a similar manner. One is really no more complicated than another. The differences between them lie in capability and longevity. And in that regard, the Wonder Weaver has a lot to recommend it.

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 05, 2005 07:57AM

The Wonder Weaver is one of the simplest tools there is in our hobby. It is not the tool that is complicated but the process of multicolored weaving that is tedious. Anyone can do single layer weaving but there are only a few really good multicolor weavers that I have seen. If multicolor weaving were easy, then the photo section would be full of weaves. Multicolor weaving is a simple process though not easy to do. I really enjoy making patterns and weaving so in the very near future, I will buy the WW. I will retire in September and if God grants me a little more time, I want to spend it working at my hobby.

Posted by: Anonymous User (63.146.104.---)
Date: February 05, 2005 05:11PM

ellis- you live in houston i think and i live about 3 hours away. we should compare notes sometime. john

Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 06, 2005 10:40AM

Ellis, what part of Houston do live in? I live just south.

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 06, 2005 07:27PM

Doug,
I live 9 miles south of Humble off of 59. Aldine to be exact. The same neighborhood that our new US attorney general grew up in. ..home of the Mac Arthur Generals. I am in the phone book as E P Mendiola. Give me a shout.
Cheers, Elis

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster