I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Big problem in Japan, slightly off topic
Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.bbtec.net)
Date: February 03, 2005 06:59PM

I`m on vacation in Japan visiting my wife and the big Fishing Tackle show in Chiba. I found out while I was here that the Japanese goverment decided to kill ALL of the bass in Japan because they are not native and have taken over the native species. For those who don`t know, bass fishing is huge here, with over a million bass fisherman in Tokyo alone. All of Daiwa and Shimano`s products come out here before they come out in the states.

It may not sound like much, but it is a huge decision and a huge blow to the fishing industry, that I`m sure will be felt worldwide. I`ll be away from the computer since I`m only here for a few days, but wanted to share the news with you all. My wife is in the fishing business here, so we have been watching the events on the news closely.

Take care,
Phil

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big problem in Japan, slightly off topic
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.004.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: February 03, 2005 07:23PM

Phil, I have noticed that there has been a lot of interest in Australian bass fishing down here in Australia lately by the Japanese, also there seems to be a big push to make our Australian bass tournament scene to be more like the US style of tournaments, what the Japanese love. If this is true what you say, the worlds fishing industry is going to change big time.

Posted by: Robert Huisman (---.cpe.ga.charter.com)
Date: February 03, 2005 07:41PM

I suspect that trying to kill all the bass in Japan would be about as succesful as killing all the carp in the United States.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.riogrd01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2005 07:59PM

heard about this saturday on ESPN on a story about Tokahiro Umori Bassmaster classic Champ
Japan's Bass clubs are fighting it along with BASS

Posted by: Daniel Axelrod (---.albq.qwest.net)
Date: February 03, 2005 09:16PM

That makes about as much sense as killing all the bows east of the continential divide, or all the browns in the US. Sometimes you just wonder what goes through the mind of a bureaucrat.

Posted by: Fred Crum (---.jps.net)
Date: February 03, 2005 09:32PM

Daniel;
That part is simple, they are mentally deranged!!!
IMHP Doesn't seam to matter where they live either!!!

Fred Crum
Dixon, Ca.

Posted by: Anonymous User (202.138.16.---)
Date: February 03, 2005 10:17PM

What they going to replace them with, couldn't see a big goldfish putting up much of a fight.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: February 03, 2005 10:33PM

If they decide, I'd be glad to help eradicate the Hungarian partridge and Chinese ringnecked pheasant!!! It'd be great to hunt these 12 months a year for the rest of my life!!!

Posted by: Patrick Vernacchio (---.telalaska.com)
Date: February 04, 2005 01:19AM

The species invasion situation here in Alaska are Pike. Someone back in the 1950's -60's introduced them to a "closed" lake system, and they have spread like weeds in just about every lake, stream, and river in the Matanuska and Susitna drainage areas. The catch per day is very liberal because Pike are suspected of wiping out trout many lakes and streams, and have also been suspected as being responsible for the declining stocks of Silver Salmon. What made their migration so easy is because just about every river, stream and lake are interconnected via underground. They're tasty critters once you get past all the bones, however.

Patrick Vernacchio

Posted by: Richard Carlsen (---.avci.net)
Date: February 04, 2005 06:38AM

"Japan's Environment Ministry has listed the largemouth bass among 37 non-indigenous species not to be imported, bred or released into the wild."

[feeds.bignewsnetwork.com]

Saw nothing about eradicating.

Posted by: Richard Carlsen (---.avci.net)
Date: February 04, 2005 06:47AM

BTW, bass were first imported into Japan in 1925.

Hardly a new problem.

Posted by: Scott Olex (198.133.100.---)
Date: February 04, 2005 09:08AM

Saying you are going to do something and actually doing it are two different things. Killing all of the bass in Japan just doesn't sound like a realistic goal to me. We have been trying to get the Lamprey eels out of the Great Lakes system for years. I can't see any way to totally rid a system of a single fish species without killing an entire lake population and then rebuilding it.

That certainly wouldn't stop a bureaucrat from trying I guess.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster