I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Builders Directory
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (66.252.177.---)
Date: February 03, 2005 09:57AM

Funny thing happened the other day.I recieved an e-mail from a young fellow who was interested in building rods.He found me through the directory on this site.Was alll ready to usher in a newby when I realized he was interested in building hot rods(cars).Even though I do Dabble in that field and work on cars for a living it is not a source of relaxation for me.Had to laugh...

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Builders Directory
Posted by: Gerry Rhoades (---.unifield.com)
Date: February 03, 2005 11:22AM

How about one with a marbled hood and a color change weave on the top?

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an3.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: February 03, 2005 01:58PM

I got the same thing. Could not understand how he got Hot Rods from that?

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: February 03, 2005 02:58PM

I talked to a guy at a vehicle paint/repair shop about the best airbrush tool he would recommend to me several years ago. When I introduced myself, I told him I built 'custom rods'. Towards the tail end of our conversation, he finally told me that I was nuts for wanting to paint a whole rod with an air brush; finally figured out that he thought I'd meant I built custom hot rods...

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 03, 2005 03:08PM

Funny, I never really noticed but without reading any post or other pages (FAQ's, Library, etc) It doesn't mention fishing rods. The directory also doesn't mention fishing rods. Both sites only refer to Custom Rodbuilding! I would assume that a guy who built custom Hot Rods could also be called a Custom Rodbuilder. If he just did a search for rod building, he probably hit this site and without really looking around, thought he hit the motherlode!!

Mike

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: February 03, 2005 03:11PM

A friend near here does this vehicle business; it's called JD's Custom Rods.

Putter

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.tnt6.phl1.da.uu.net)
Date: February 03, 2005 03:57PM

You guys are right. Never thought of it that way. Heck and I used to do auto body repair? Go figure

Posted by: Larry Laurent (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 03, 2005 09:53PM

I guess a rod blank would be just the frame?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster