I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

sharpie metalic pens
Posted by: bill hartlage (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 25, 2005 05:10PM

I bought a metalic sharpie pen to try out for writing on blank. I wrote then sprayed fixative on the area. will flex coat apply over this w/o smearing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sharpie metalic pens
Posted by: Kerry Hansen (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 25, 2005 06:21PM

Yes, once your fixative has dried you should be able to finish with out any problem.

Posted by: James Gentz (198.111.237.---)
Date: January 25, 2005 06:31PM

are the metalic pens from sharpie available in silver? I have not seen this selection.

MI Builder

Posted by: bill hartlage (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 25, 2005 06:52PM

The pens come in silver and gold though I found only silver at office supply store.

Posted by: Bart Elliott (---.UNUSED.epix.net)
Date: January 25, 2005 11:23PM

Bill, I was just on the Sharpie web site and they only showed the silver metallic. What office store did you find both colors?
Thanks

Posted by: James Gentz (198.111.237.---)
Date: January 26, 2005 08:02AM

bill, if you make a mistake with a sharpie, what do you use to remove the mistake? Acetone?

MI Builder

Posted by: Tom Costa (---.173.66.34.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: January 26, 2005 09:49AM

I found both Silver and Gold at Charette a art supply store in New England... Have not tried them yet thought!

Posted by: John Boatwright (38.113.131.---)
Date: January 26, 2005 10:37AM

I used the silver metallic Sharpie on my last rod, and applied the Flex-Coat without any prior prep. It worked fine. Blank was a matte H&H XT51.

JBB

Posted by: George Thurston (---.faa.gov)
Date: January 26, 2005 11:45AM

What's fixative?

Posted by: Bob Crook (---.nas6.portland1.or.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: January 26, 2005 01:43PM

Fixative as used here is an clear acrylic spray used as a protective coating to protect inscriptions from smearing and protect decals. It can also be used to protect photo's, artists use it to protect charcoal, pastel, and pen and ink art work. Woman and maybe some men use hair spray, a fixative. Some of us however don't have much hair left so we don't need it !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster