I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Falcon Rods
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 20, 2005 05:38PM

Anyone have any experience/opinions with Falcon rods? Got someone that really wants a rod made on a Falcon blank. Never even seen one. Do they sell blanks?

Very little info on their web site other than (of course) they are top quality rods and blanks are made by them in USA

Mike

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Falcon Rods
Posted by: Sean Walker (---.phxinternet.net)
Date: January 20, 2005 05:50PM

I've looked into it fairly significantly. They are tight-lipped on who makes their blanks. I would like to know too.

Posted by: Gerald McCasland (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 20, 2005 06:04PM

Mike,

I can't prove that this info is true, buttttttt, I have heard several times that the Falcon blanks are rolled by Shikari. Maybe so maybe not. You might go over to the Bass Fishing Home Page and ask that question on their Rod And Reels forum.

Later,
Gerald Mc

Posted by: Shawn Moore (62.132.1.---)
Date: January 20, 2005 08:03PM

Measure the ERN and AA and then match up a blank for him. How good do you think a blank is when it's on a rod that sells at the tackle shop for $64.95? I would think that with a Falcon you're talking about a $10 blank. I'm sure he likes it and they sell tons of them but I'd go with something a little better quality.

Posted by: eric zamora (216.101.134.---)
Date: January 20, 2005 08:08PM

shawn... could be partially sentimental reasons.

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 20, 2005 08:56PM

I have a lot of Falcon rods in service for charter operations. They are very good commercial rods for trout and redfish and really take a lot of rough treatment. I have communicated with Falcon several times concerning blanks and they declined to sell me any blanks each time. The rumor is that the blanks are made in Arkansas and the same person that makes them also makes blanks for Hammer Rods. Falcon must be under some pressure at present to provide commercial rods for a lower price and will probably give in at some point to using import blanks to be competetive. The Falcon Rods that I have surely were not made on "$ 10" blanks.

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Sean Walker (---.phxinternet.net)
Date: January 21, 2005 10:21AM

I'm sure that Falcon has some rods built on $10 blanks, but they also have some built on $80-90 blanks. The Bass guys here in Texas swear by them. I've thought all along that they were probably Shikari blanks, but no one is saying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster