I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Announcement, Rod Builders Get Together
Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 20, 2005 02:03PM

A get together of custom rod builders is being planned for the week-end of April 9th and 10th. The event will be unsponsored and there will be no charge. Everyone is welcome regardless of experience level, location or affiliation.
Lamiglas is graciously making their brand new facilities in Woodland Washington available for the event. There is a big new conference room in their facility where presentations on rod building techniques and presentations on topics of interest to custom rod builders will be held. There will also be tours available of the new blank and rod building facilities so that we can all see how one of the biggest manufacturers builds blanks and rods and see what techniques and materials they use.
For the first dozen or so that are fortunate enough to be able to come early on Thur. April 7th. there will be an opportunity to BYOB (Build Your Own Blank) using the Lamiglas machinery, tooling and materials and with the expert assistance of Lamiglas personnel. There will also not be a charge for this.
We are also tenatively planning to get together on Fri. evening April 8th for presentations and general discussions on topics of interest to custom rod builders.
All of the details are not finalized yet but it should be a lot of fun and very informative. There will be more details posted as they firm up particularly on the presentations and discussion topics. If you are interested in attending either contact me at eharry3@comcast.net or contact Todd Vivien directly at Todd@Lamiglas.com.
By the way, if you have a technique or topic that you think that you would like to present that would be of interest to your fellow rod builders please let us know. There is still room for more.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Announcement, Rod Builders Get Together
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 20, 2005 07:47PM

You are making me rather jealous.... I wonder if I can get out there or not....

Date: January 20, 2005 09:16PM

Ken,
You would be more than welcome, we would love to have you. We would probably try to get you to do a presentation.

Posted by: Bob Crook (---.nas3.portland1.or.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: January 20, 2005 09:26PM

Wow!!!! If we don't get a big dump of snow in Central Oregon and the passes I will plan to attend. We in the NW really need something like this. Thanks Emory!!

Bob Crook
La Pine

Posted by: Joe Douglas (---.oro.dialup.fsr.net)
Date: January 20, 2005 09:29PM

Emory,

Count me in. Is there anything I can do to help?

Joe

Date: January 20, 2005 09:46PM

Bob,
Glad you are coming. I look forward to meeting you. I know you will have a good time. If you need any help with motels or anything let me know. By the way, you should really thank Lamiglas and Todd Vivien. They are the ones that are making all of the facilities available and doing most of the work.

Joe,
Glad you are coming to and look forward to meeting you as well. Thank you very much for the offer of help. That is really nice of you but I can not think of anything at the moment. If something comes up I will give you a holler.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: January 21, 2005 12:52AM

Hey, Emory-plannin' one for North Dakota yet?? LOL! Wish I could come; I'd love it!

Posted by: Dan Martek (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 22, 2005 01:19AM

Does anyone know of any upcoming rod building events in the N.E. specifically downstate NY

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 22, 2005 05:57AM

Merrick Tackle hosts a general manufacturer's "open house" in the spring - I just haven't seen an announcement yet. Not really
a "rod building / show case" affair ...

Posted by: Danny Bundy (---.69-93-60.reverse.theplanet.com)
Date: January 22, 2005 08:28AM

I'm glad to see it but in fairness I would think that if Lamiglass is going to use this board to publicize their events then the least they could do is buy a sponsorship here. This is not intended to bash anyone or stir up trouble, but why do so many who won't lift a finger to help here want to then use this site to publicize their own events?

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 22, 2005 08:44AM

When Todd first contacted me about this event, I did not realize that it was going to be held at the Lamiglas facility and hosted by Lamiglas. Since then, those who are preparing the event have been in touch and we've worked out an arrangement for them to be able to promote it here.

Thanks for your concern, you do have a point, but it's been taken care of.

Posted by: Danny Bundy (---.69-93-60.reverse.theplanet.com)
Date: January 22, 2005 08:49PM

Okay. Glad to hear it. Just didn't want to see the board taken advantage of.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster