I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

The 2006 National Rod Builders Show
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 18, 2005 11:27AM

Although the 2005 event is still about 6 weeks out, planning for the 2006 event is already underway.

The one area that we hope to improve for the 2006 event regards audio-visual equipment for the seminars. Last year we found that trying to crowd 100 people around a small table in order to see close-up rod work is just not practical. This year, many of the seminar presenters will be bringing slide projectors as well as large scale "props" to make things easier to see. Also, I have broken things up so that during any given time of the day, there will be two ongoing seminars plus a demonstration in the Featured Rod Builder booth downstairs. Hopefully, this will spread out the crowd enough so that everyone will be able to see what's taking place at any given demonstration.

The best solution, of course, is to have cameras and large screen displays/televisions set up so that any close-up work can be enlarged and viewed by anyone sitting anywhere in the seminar rooms. I wanted to rent the necessary equipment to do it this year, but it falls on RodMaker Magazine to provide the funding for this type of thing and with everything else the magazine is paying for at this year's show, there just wasn't enough money left to do any more.

I have no doubt that we will get some complaints at this year's show concerning being able to see what's going on in some of the seminar rooms. But I also expect that the slide presentations and large scale props will greatly improve the situation over last year. Next year we do intend to have top flight audio-visual equipment in each seminar room which should solve any viewing problems once and for all.

In the meantime, come on out and have a great time. This 2005 event has shaped up beyond anyone's expectations. This is the largest rod building event/show/seminar/gathering in the world. There is nothing else it like it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The 2006 National Rod Builders Show
Posted by: Larry Laurent (207.191.101.---)
Date: January 18, 2005 02:22PM

Tom, will video cameras be allowed? It would be nice to shoot video to watch again at a later time.

Posted by: sante morrone (134.173.124.---)
Date: January 18, 2005 03:06PM

TOM , WILL THE 2006 SHOW BE IN ONTARIO CALIFORNIA ?
I SURE HOPE SO

SANTE

Sante Morrone
the fisherman

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 18, 2005 04:24PM

The National Rod Builders Show will remain in Charlotte indefinitely. There will be a Rod Builders Show in Ontario, CA in 2006. Too early to give any details on it however.

As far as I know you can bring a video camera into the seminars, but I think you'll find that any video you shoot there will be a lousy instructional tape. Too much ad-libbing and questions going on. I'll check to make sure you can do this, however, as there could be some legal reasons that Barry would not want this done.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 18, 2005 07:08PM

Tom,
From experience doing lots of dog and pony shows (briefings to the non-government types). A laptop computer with a powerpoint "slide show" overall has given me the best results. Photos can be clipped in, text added, diagrams imported - lots of "power" in PowerPoint slide shows. File manipulation is dead easy and folks could download their presentations to disk for reproduction (if so desired). I'm not sure what the total cost might be --- but I'll look into it as the US Gov't surpluses lots of video gear each year... I'll keep it in mind for 2006.

Posted by: William Colby (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: January 18, 2005 07:46PM

I think the main thing would be to be able to see the hands of the guys doing the wrapping and turning. It would have to be "live" which means powerpoint might not be the best thing for that. Nothing wrong with a powerpoint presentation but the problem as I saw it last year was in not being able to see the presenter doing the close up work as he did it. Good video equipment would be the ticket there I think.

But no matter what, the seminars in Charlotte are still better than at any other show. The guys assembled to perform them this year are an impressive group. Even Ken Preston! Also looking forward to seeing Ralph O'Quinn.

Posted by: Larry Laurent (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: January 18, 2005 10:39PM

Web cameras are fairly cheap, and can be connected to a laptop, and a projector also connected to the same laptop.
The action can be projected and recorded at the same time if the laptop has plenty of hard drive space.

Just a thought

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster