I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Powerful 9' spinning rod blank?
Posted by: Andrei Zabet (---.fcb.ro)
Date: January 14, 2005 06:13AM

Hello,

I'm looking for a powerful 9' (or 9'3'') spinning or casting rod blank with a Fast or Xtra-Fast action (just like the Hot Shot blank) and with a heavier lure wt, such as 1/2-2 oz. I have some Hot Shot blanks but they're in 8'6'' length and I need a longer blank, with powerful (stiff) butt and middle sections. Does anyone know of such a blank?

Thanks,
Andrei

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Powerful 9' spinning rod blank?
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.248.66.181.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 07:52AM

If you have some scrap blank. Perhaps you can extend one of those Hot Shot blanks. Stick an extension on one ( oversleve no glue ) then get some CCS numbers on it and see how it reads? Maybe it's what your looking for?

Posted by: Tom Lindsay (---.249.180.244.Dial1.Washington2.Level3.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 08:00AM

Check out the Allstar, Elite Graphite BSP1087..

Good Luck !!

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 09:51AM

Andrei,
If you extend a blank it will in effect become a faster action blank. But I would be careful extending a Hot Shot blank that is already very fast. Faster action means that the stress on the rod will be focused in a smaller portion of the rod increasing the chance of it breaking. I would look first at something like a faster action popping blank.

Posted by: Dan Martek (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 11:07PM

Hey Andrei I'm Dan. Have you checked out any of the Lamiglas blanks? They have a blank that I believe is exactly what you're looking for. The Ron Arra Surf Pro series is graphite and has a fast action, It comes in your choice of 1 or 2 pieces varying in length from 8 to 11 ft. You might want to give model # XRA 108 3. The specifics are as follows: 9 ft (108 inches)1 piece, 12-17lb test line, & 1/2-2 1/4 oz lure weight. If you aren't fond of 1 piece blanks the same blank is offered in 2 pieces XRA 108 3-2. Lamiglas also offers other blanks in the same range but I'm not sure what the action is. Try looking at the Graphite Surf Bar series. If your interested in a complete rod Lamiglas offers that blank all ready to fish in a spinning format XSRA 1083
Happy hunting and GOOD LUCK!
DAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster