I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Charlotte - when are you showing up?
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 13, 2005 07:53AM

It looks like I might swing down there, but I can't see only being there for Sat & Sun. I'd love to get down there on Thursday & have a full day + a 1/2 of "informal", real hands on, crowdless, 1-on-1 conversations with other builders. I know there is no area set up for this, but I don't think it matters, small groups fit just fine in a hotel room.

I'd hate to plan to be there Thursday & get stuck in my Hotel with no car (not that I drive anway) and not know who is who because nobody has thier name tag on, lol. If anyone lives in the area, I'd love to know if there are any college basketball games locally. UNC-Charlotte 49ers is the popular one, but any small D2 or D3 team would be fine.

Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like to make "secret" plans, lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Charlotte - when are you showing up?
Date: January 13, 2005 08:12AM

Anyone bringing food? Anything Southern is welcome to Northerners, just no grits.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: January 13, 2005 08:42AM

I'll be there Friday midday and fly back out Monday morning.

Putter

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 13, 2005 09:02AM

The show doesn't open until Saturday morning at 9AM. Of course, if you come into town on Thursday you can probably find others things to occupy your time with.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 13, 2005 10:09AM

Billy - your post said "there is no place" for discussion and conversation. You will not believe the size of the facility and the space provided for just about everything you can imagine. There is a large refreshment area with concessions that has a large number of tables. This is an ideal area to get away from the crowd and just sit and talk. The space allotted for testing fly rods and casting may just be large enouth for you to perform your long range tests for the "surfers"

I am going to broker a formal meeting between you, Putter and the inventor of the Flex Coat Arbors for all to enjoy.

See you soon!

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: January 13, 2005 11:31AM

What I meant was no place set up for Thurs & Friday. I know there is plenty of space, and teh room set aside for after the show Sat.

I will explain the Mystery of "TEH" for all on the show Saturday, lol.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 13, 2005 11:32AM

The informal social gathering on Saturday evening will also be a place for discussion and conversation. Bring rods or whatever and have a good time, on the house.

Posted by: Gerald McCasland (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 13, 2005 06:48PM

Dang it, I still don't get to go because of health reasons, so all you fellers ( youse) for Billy, will have to let me know what all went on.

Later,
Gerald Mc

Date: January 13, 2005 07:45PM

I'm looking foward to Saturday as well, but trying to make sure I've got someone to @#$%& with on Thursday. I'm going to book the flight tonight, arriving Thursday morning, leaving Sunday evening. I wonder if the airlines will lose my Bazooka tube this time, or just throw it and bend teh tips on my rods again - simply amazing, BOTH of these things happened to me the last time I flew.

Tailgate Party in Room 40? lol.

Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.158.96.95.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)
Date: January 13, 2005 08:51PM

I can't wait to here about the Mystery of "TEH".

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 13, 2005 09:49PM

I'll be there Friday mid-day ... staying at the Westin ... Ray Mazza is driving down with me / sharing a suite.
I want to get things set up on Friday afternoon / evening .

Date: January 13, 2005 10:24PM

It's not much of a mystery, trust me. lol.

Ken, look foward to meeting you and Ray. Hopefully there will be a good showing from the North East.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster