I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

EVA question
Posted by: Anonymous User (63.146.104.---)
Date: January 13, 2005 03:04AM

my sons fiance wants me to build her a rod (when do i get to build one for me ?!?!?!?!) and wants the handle to look "like the cute one on the magazine cover with the dots". thanks a lot tom! i live in the sticks, and am having a hard time finding the two similar sized thin wall brass tubes to use as plug cutters. in fact, at the hobby lobby in town all i got was a "huh?" when i asked. and blank stares at the hardware store. i did get a 1/4" threaded brass fitting and turn it down but its not a good substitute. anyone know of a source on the net to get these? THANKS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EVA question
Posted by: George Mock (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 13, 2005 07:35AM

I'm surprised Hobby Lobby doesn't have it.

Try www.towerhobbies.com and look for K&S tubing.

On another subject, I want to thank all the posters here for the help. I'm working on my third surf rod now and I've picked up a ton of tips from this board. Thank You!

George

Posted by: steve parks (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 13, 2005 12:03PM

John,
I made a black grip with pink polka dots and used aluminum tubing. Cut two 6 inch pieces. One piece I sharpened from the inside and the other piece I sharpened from the outside. Made for a good tight fit and every hole was perfect.

Steve

Posted by: Anonymous User (12.145.80.---)
Date: January 13, 2005 12:57PM

John,

I purchased a zip lock bag full different size copper, brass, and aluminum tubing for $7.95 at a model shop. They use them in building models for axles or what ever. Seriously there must be 100 pieces in this bag any where from two inches to six inches long and every diameter you could ever need. I just sharpened the ends and used them as plug cutters. I cut the plug a little larger then the hole so it fits snug.

Larry R. Tysinger

Posted by: Anonymous User (63.146.104.---)
Date: January 13, 2005 05:53PM

thanks for all the tips guys. i will go to corpus tomorrow and try the model shops.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster