I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Common Cents database
Posted by: James Smith (---.d16988.dial.xtelegent.net)
Date: January 12, 2005 11:30PM

Hello everyone. It does not appear that the numbre of rods or blanks being listed on the Common Cents database is growing. Am I seeing this correctly? How come? It looks like such a great analytical tool. Are any of the manufacturers considering use of this system?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Common Cents database
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 13, 2005 12:03AM

Several manufacturers will have their blanks carrying the CCS numbers this very year. Another will soon have Dr. Hanneman himself rating their blanks in Charlotte.

Growth has slowed mainly because the more popular blanks have now been measured and entered in the database..

Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.ferc.gov)
Date: January 13, 2005 12:24PM

At the risk of irritating some folks but in the interest of making the database more useful, I would like to point something out and make a suggestion. How many people use this board, including the database? Now, how many people subscribe to RodMaker and know how to use the system? Now, how many people actually take the time to measure their blanks and share their data?

The point I would like to make, is that we have an extremely pathetic rate of participation and that is why the database is not bigger and more useful. If you build or sell a lot of blanks, I truly have to ask the question: WHAT GIVES???? In 2 hours you can measure 50 blanks so the excuse that you don't have time does not hold water. If manufacturers post their data, then the database will no longer be necessary. But, until then, why don't we help each other more???

Posted by: Bob Hesser (---.tmp1-4-11-249-087.dsl-verizon.net)
Date: January 13, 2005 08:06PM

Steve pretty much sums up the state of the submissions. In the last 3 months I think all the data, shy of one or 2 rods, came from Steve. I've offered to add any manufacturers numbers for free or even link to their site that contains the information. No takers.

I think I've had about 3 complaints (mostly technical issues) about the format, so it seems the data is presented in a reasonable and understandable fashion.

i Stopped posting forum reminders because Steve and a few others were the only ones providing data & they don't need to be reminded!

- Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster