I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

The INTERNational Rod Building Show
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 03, 2005 08:31PM

Just as an aside, it seems this year's show will have somewhat of an international flair. I really hadn't considered how many builders from overseas would be joining us, a couple or three perhaps, but not many more.

I was way off. In the past few weeks I've heard from builders in Argentina, Chile, Great Britain, Germany, The NetherLands, New Zealand, Australia, Italy and few more. It's very likely we'll see about 30 or 35 rod builders from Europe and beyond at this year's event. Granted, 30 or 35 overseas builders out of 1,000+ isn't a large number, but it certainly speaks to the popularity and quality of the show.

No big deal, but I thought it was interesting just how many overseas builders are actually planning on being in Charlotte for the show in a few weeks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The INTERNational Rod Building Show
Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 03, 2005 09:28PM

Thats pretty impressive.

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 03, 2005 09:49PM

Tom,
It sounds like your efforts to promote the show are really paying off. My hat is off to you, I know that it will be a big success. I do not know where you get all of the energy but congratulations.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 03, 2005 09:52PM

Tom,
Did you ever hear from the OLN writer? I tried to push his nose into the trough....

Posted by: William Colby (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 03, 2005 10:23PM

I'll be coming in from Chester County, SC, which is in and of itself another world. I don't think you can consider it a "domestic" location. It's about as foreign as you can get around these parts.

Date: January 03, 2005 10:41PM

Yes he did. The show will be getting a plug on the OutDoor Life Network between now and the actual show date. I don't know when the actual mention or listing will be or what show it will be on, but he took the info and said he'd be sure to get the word out. We'll see.

We've gotten a couple mentions on some PBS outdoor shows and more to come. My only concern at this point is that we'll be overwhelmed with the huge attendance. However, I'd rather have too many than too few.

Audio/Visual gear is the only thing I'd like to see more of for the seminars. Some things are in the works though and hopefully we'll be prepared in the event that some of the close-up seminars have to seat 200 or more people at a time. There's a strong possibility that all the seminars will be standing room only.

Posted by: eric zamora (---.246.210.232.Dial1.SanJose1.Level3.net)
Date: January 04, 2005 01:55AM

can't wait for the US west coast version... 2006, right? :-)

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Pavel Novolokin (---.Moscow.dial.rol.ru)
Date: January 04, 2005 04:28AM

Tom,

I think having 30-35 builders from Europe at the show is a real success. Don't forget that rod building is not as much spread in Europe as in Northern America.

Date: January 04, 2005 09:05AM

Yes, there will a Rod Builders' Show in Ontario CA in 2006. Don't expect it to be anything like Charlotte, at least not the first year or so, but hopefully it will come into its own very quickly and easily become the world's second largest rod building event. We know there are enough rod builders on the west coast to make it work, what we don't know yet is how much effort Barry will put into marketing the event. But with everything else that show should have going for it, things should fall into place without too much trouble.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2005 09:13AM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Ray Mazza (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 04, 2005 11:08PM

Tom,
Have you heard if Hiro Tananka will be attending?
Ray

Date: January 05, 2005 07:50PM

There was some talk that he might be, but I've heard nothing more. Jim Upton would be the man with the best information on that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster