I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

custom labels for rods
Posted by: billy mc daniel (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 30, 2004 10:11AM

hi guys
i currently am using decals from decal connection, and like them very much, howe ever i would like to go to a bit more of a pro label does any one know of a company that can do labels like you might see on say a factory rod.
thanks for any help.
billy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: custom labels for rods
Posted by: Michael Sledden (208.21.98.---)
Date: December 30, 2004 10:21AM

I guess what would be your deffinition of a pro level. I think the decals from Decal Connection are great decals. On a factory rod, I am not sure they use a decal, at least to me it seems they might be printed on some way to the blank. The only other thing that I have done was have a decal made up that is the vinyl type. Worked good for my logo part, but for the text, was very hard for the guy to make it.

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: December 30, 2004 10:28AM

Hey neighbor! 'Glad to see you Posting. I'll get out of the way, 'cause I can't do much for a pro like you, Billy. But either your own Alp printer or talking more to the fine folks at DC is likely to be their answer.

-Cliff Hall, from Gainesville, FL: Home of the Fighting Gators & "BillyStix" Custom Fishing Rods-

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.nas3.saint-louis1.mo.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: December 30, 2004 10:31AM

I also wonder what you mean by more pro. I've had DC make some very finely detailed stuff that I don't know if it's possible to improve on. What exactly are you looking for that you feel DC isn't providing?

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: December 30, 2004 10:33AM

I think if you called Jimi at Decal Connection and visited with him, he'd still be able to do what you're looking for; at least I'd be surprised if he couldn't. He can make waterslides and regular decals in many fonts, sizes, colors, etc.

Putter

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: December 30, 2004 10:37AM

Billy McD - a recent Post-Thread on labels is excerpted below:

[www.rodbuilding.org]
Re: Personalized decals
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 26, 2004 10:41PM

Decal Connection and Rod Blanks.com both offer such decals. I'd check into their prices before I began gearing up to do my own. You might have to buy a hundred or more before you would begin to find it cost effective to do your own.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 30, 2004 08:06PM

Many of the commercial rods use methods other than decals such as screenprinting, etc. directly on to the blank. Other than that, I don't see how you can beat what Decal Connection can do for you.

Mike

Posted by: John Dow (---.60.169.240.adsl.snet.net)
Date: December 30, 2004 08:59PM

If you look at Jimis site and go to the page with all the diferent fonts , you will see what he can make for you . There are many one of a kind slogans and logos on that page , all created by the folks at Decal Connection. Exelent people ! JD

Got Fish ?

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 30, 2004 09:08PM

All you havr do do is send him your Logo and he will do it however you want. If you want a font that he doesn't have, just send it to him. If you don't have one, have him work with you to design one.

Jimi is great to work with.

Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster