I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NetSky virus on the rounds again
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.001.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: December 27, 2004 06:06PM

G'day Guys,
Just to let you know someone is infected with the Netsky virus, as I'm getting quite a few emails (12) with infected files from board members emails. As this virus is uses the infected computors address book to source email addresses that it can use as a sending address, it is hard to locate who is the infected board member, for the board members who don't check their anti virus software updates, they should and then scan their systems.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NetSky virus on the rounds again
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: December 27, 2004 06:10PM

Scanned both of mine last night; all clear. I updated everything first, then scanned. Nice to be vermin free!!

Putter

Posted by: Jim Rippe (4.158.132.---)
Date: December 27, 2004 08:15PM

No problem here. I bought the new Norton Internet Security 2005. I update atleast every two days. This program has blocked alot of garbage already.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 27, 2004 08:47PM

I have an autoscan that runs at 3AM every day. Lots of JUNK has been dropped/blocked

Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.152.219.52.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: December 28, 2004 02:19AM

My computer lives behind a hardware firewall (a router), plus its running Norton Internet Security to intercept any viruses. I also have my email prg set up to filter out email from anyone who is not in my address book. The only way to reach me is via yahoo, not directly through outlook express. Kinda of a paranoid way of being online, but I had my experience with a virus already and learned my lesson the hard way - wound up having to format the hard drive.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an1.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: December 28, 2004 07:37AM

Did mine when I started to see that glitch when posting here. All clean

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an1.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: December 28, 2004 07:38AM

Still got the glitch though??

Posted by: Jeff Shafer (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 28, 2004 09:03AM

Performed all updates yesterday and scanned my computer. All appears clean. Even so, if I have exchanged infrequent emails with individuals in the group, I'd like to request that they remove my address from their address books. I usually go through mine regularly and eliminate infrequent contacts so they're not exposed.

Thanks,
Jeff Shafer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster