I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

new
Posted by: Patrick Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 27, 2004 02:24AM

since my last post was removed for not having my name i made anotehr account...anyway like i was saying i am 14 and just got into this hobby/art. i will probably need some qustions answered in the future.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.004.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: December 27, 2004 04:16AM

Patrick, Welcome from aboard from downunder, be prepared to become addicted and make some great friends, this site is where you need to be for any question that needs answering or if you need help. As I live in Australia help like this is only a minimum affair, I have made so many new friends that have helped me on my way through my new hobby/business.

Welcome to the addiction,

Myles
Brisbane, Australia

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.nas3.saint-louis1.mo.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: December 27, 2004 10:24AM

Hi Patrick. I was 14 when I got involved in rod building. We didn't have the internet then and I had to walk to school 30 miles, uphill, both ways, in the snow, in July!

As Myles said, there are great people in here that you'll make fast friends with. Don't be shy with questions. The only stupd question is the one that isn't asked. That's what this place is all about.

You are in for a fun ride!

Posted by: Andrew Petroski (---.sub-199-74-155.myvzw.com)
Date: December 27, 2004 01:01PM

I wish I would have started when I was 14! My father was building custom rods when I was a kid and I remember being an extra hand for him in his shop. What a great hobby for a youngster to get involved in. I'm trying to get my 15 year old away from the PS2 to learn a little about it this winter.

Good luck to you!

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 27, 2004 01:02PM

Ahhh -- for the eyesight of a teenager and the on-line resources. I'd have though I died and gone to heaven. So many new ideas, new techniques even in the past year. Marbelizing, feather inlays, EVA/wood inlays with instructions, software to help lay things out, resurgence of spiral wrapped rods, more blanks than anyone could ever hope to build on, threads by more than one or two manufacturers, guides in any configuration anyone could ever want. Happy addiction!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster