I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

G Loomis GLX Blank
Posted by: Scott Jungdahl (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 25, 2004 11:47AM

Any news on if/when these will be available.
What's the story on why the blanks are not available to custom builders?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: G Loomis GLX Blank
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: December 25, 2004 01:31PM

Years ago they made them; might still be some out there. With the change made in how they're made now, I'm not really interested in them anymore, personally. At one time I wanted some of them pretty bad, not now, though.
They haven't made them in rod blanks for a long time. You could do a search here and find quite a bit of info on this; been discussed many times...

Merry Christmas,
Putter

Posted by: Bryan Ion (---.cable.ubr03.gate.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: December 26, 2004 04:16AM

hi all
Randy,you say in your statement that"With the change in how theyre made now,could you advise me as to what change.

All The Best

Bry

Date: December 26, 2004 01:21PM

I believe that the process where they used to make their blanks has been changed quite a bit. It is not the same blank that it used to be. Again, a search will find you a lot more info on this. It will bring up the company change and the process of how they are made and how they used to be made, Bryan.

I can't keep all that stuff in my head anymore; I know I just crossed them off of my list... I build walleye rods and want a blank high in sensitivity for jigging and rigging. Crank rods are different, of course. Those who use IMX and GLX rods for crankbait trolling are just showing off their wallet in my humble opinion.

All the best to you in the new year,
Putter

Posted by: Bryan Ion (---.cable.ubr03.gate.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: December 26, 2004 03:10PM

Thanks for the info,i try to pick up on what i can when i can as over here in the uk there is a lot of marketing hype with products(fly rods in particular ) in for example guy"a" can cast 40yds with brand x and guy "b" cannot with brand y.Everyone forgets its not the tools but the caster,in GlX i have 2 9ft #6 glx rods .one i built myself from a very early blank the other a recent one just prior to streamdance,they are not the same rod,even down to blank diameters on certain parts of the blank.so it was interesting to see your posts on such subjects.
could one of the rods be wrongly labelled?

All the best (again )

Bryan

Date: December 26, 2004 04:41PM

I kinda doubt that they're labeled wrong; more likely the changes that were made even before this last change-I believe Shimano owns now??? Again, I can't remember the details; just that a rather large change occurred in this legendary namebrand.

Putter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster