I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

power wrapper help needed
Posted by: john black (63.146.104.---)
Date: December 24, 2004 07:56AM

i built a wrapper similiar to flexcoat SW1 speedwrapper using a TABLE TOP ROD WRAPPER # TCRW in mudholes catalog. it all works good, but am not a spring chikken anymore and the more i wrap manually the more the joints hurt. question is, would it be a good idea to use what i have and add a motor kit such as MT01 in mudholes catalog, or just bite the bullet and get something like a flexcoat DL747. or even look for a used one? THANKS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: power wrapper help needed
Posted by: Joe Kassuba (---.wa.charter.com)
Date: December 24, 2004 01:53PM

Hello John
I understand and am in the same category.
From my experience getting a power wrapper such was a very good thing.
I went with the Renzetti lathe some years ago and have not been dissappointed one bit.
Merry Christmas
Joe Kassuba

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 24, 2004 07:59PM

If you can hang on, there will be an article in the Volume 8 #2 RodMaker on various home-made wrappers and lathes. These could give you some good ideas on how to go about making your own.

On the other hand, buying a pre-made power wrapper puts you in business right out of the box. It all depends whether or not you enjoy making your own tools.

Posted by: oliver j logacz (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 26, 2004 01:59PM

on the subject of power-wrappers: I can't afford a rensetti; so which one of the other less expesive wrappers do you guys recommend? also when i get a power wrapper, i've always wondered won't the thread have a tendency to jump on top of previous wrap? if so how do you go about stopping that many thanks in advance oliver

Posted by: oliver j logacz (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 26, 2004 02:03PM

on the subject of power-wrappers: I can't afford a rensetti; so which one of the other less expesive wrappers do you guys recommend? also when i get a power wrapper, i've always wondered won't the thread have a tendency to jump on top of previous wrap? if so how do you go about stopping that many thanks in advance oliver

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 26, 2004 05:22PM

You might look at the American Tackle/Batson/Pac Bay type units. Good machines for about half or less, than the Renzetti or Custom Power Wrap.

Yes the thread can jump on top of the previous one unless you set the correct angle for the oncoming thread. But it's not hard to do and after a couple hours on one of these machines you'll develop the knack for using them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster