I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rodmaker mag
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 21, 2004 07:42PM

Tom,
You really outdid yourself on this issue! One of the better onesSome people probably don't want to hear it, but the article on the rodbuilding industry really nailed it!!!
If the industry doesn't get together and tighten up on it, they will ultimately implode and WE will be the big losers.

Mike

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2004 07:44PM by Mike Barkley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rodmaker mag
Posted by: Brian Thompson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 21, 2004 07:48PM

Splendid issue. Not as heavy reading as past issues. Just right for the holidays with all the tools and how-to features. Very nice indeed.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.b.001.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: December 21, 2004 07:49PM

Hey Mike,
Now you have yours, think of this poor sucker who has to wait another 6 weeks before I get mine.
Boo Hoo

Myles

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2004 07:50PM by Myles Boon.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 21, 2004 07:53PM

Myles,

But look at the weather you have! It was 1 degree (Farenheit) this morning!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.b.001.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: December 21, 2004 08:08PM

Mick its a beautiful 86F, and clear blue skies perfect beer weather. Ummmmm!!!! ice cold beer.

Myles

Posted by: Randy Parpart (---.nccray.com)
Date: December 21, 2004 08:31PM

It was below zero here too, perfect Shnapps weather... mmmmmmmmmmmm peppermint....

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 21, 2004 08:40PM

I'm longing for the "hill country" and the red wines north of Adelaide. Must be lovely right about now. Nearly time for the Schutzenfest

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 21, 2004 10:15PM

Is the Hunter Valley near Adelaide? That's where my favorite Austraillian wines are made. What the heck is Schutzenfest, the Aussie equivalent of Octoberfest?
I loved Australlia and the Australlians when I was there about 30 years ago. The only problem was the language they speak. I know that it is a language that is close to English but I found that half the time you can not understand what they were saying.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.002.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: December 22, 2004 12:49AM

No Emory, its about 2hrs drive north of Sydney, crikey Emory us Aussies are flat out like a lizard drinking trying to understand you guys. You got to drink more to understand us, we just very very layed back. You will have to ask Ken what Schutzenfest is, it is probably a festival named after him and his mates while he was posted here.

Myles

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.136.90.128.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: December 22, 2004 06:33AM

Myles, I tried drinking more while reading your post on here, it don't work, now the words run together.
I do refrigeration work, if your too hot, I will be glad to come down and fix things for you. may even do it for free, well maybe a drink or two.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2004 02:36PM

Schutzenfest is a german "thing" that they do up in the Barossa valley (my opinion the "best of the best" wine country). The area was settled by a large German community. Schutzenfest is just what it sounds like drongos with blunderbuses popping targets... Mostly it's just an excuse to eat and drink copious amounts of really good German BEER>>>

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 23, 2004 03:00PM

Ken,
drongos and blunderbuses??? You speak Austraillian too??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster