I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fuji guides donloadable catalog?
Posted by: Daniel Rotea (---.58.38.42.proxycache.rima-tde.net)
Date: December 21, 2004 04:52AM

Hi, guys,

this is the future rookie again. Still waiting to receive the books I purchase, next step will be buying components to build my first 'disaster'. I will ask for help in choosing materials when this critical moment will arrive.

In the meantime, I'm getting information about components (brands, qualities, references, prices...)

I've downloaded some blank price lists (I think I've got the most important ones). I've also some informaction regarding guides (Fuji and Pacific Bay, basically) but I couldn't find any catalog including available refferences and pictures. If possible prices would be also appreciated.

Can somebody give a link with this info or send it by e-mail?.

Thanks to everybody,

Daniel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2004 05:05AM by Daniel Rotea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji guides donloadable catalog?
Posted by: Bret Rahe (---.com)
Date: December 21, 2004 06:57AM

Try downloading the Mudhole catalog from their website.

Posted by: Doug Cox (---.neonova.net)
Date: December 21, 2004 07:04AM

www.fujitackle.com

Posted by: George Thurston (---.faa.gov)
Date: December 21, 2004 07:18AM

As a fellow rookie, may I offer a suggestion.

When I first started building, I placed an order w/ Mudhole for three of their blanks on special. They ranged between $5-$15 each. Additionally, I ordered the bottom line of PacBay guides (about $10-$11), a bag of low grade cord and a handle.

Before I jumped in and messed up $100 worth of supplies, I build three testor rods. For an investment of less than $50, I felt comfortable moving up the ladder and building the rods I wanted (Avids, SiC guides).

Good luck and watch out. Pretty soon you'll be repairing and building rods for buddies for beer.

Posted by: Daniel Rotea (---.58.38.42.proxycache.rima-tde.net)
Date: December 21, 2004 08:24AM

Thank you to everybody:

- www.fujitackle.com: I can see it just in Japanese. I couldn't find any "English version" option.

- Mudhole: OK. I had not found it. I'll download it now.
- George: Thank you. This is the idea I had. Unfortunatelly, deliveries to Europe are very expensive, specially when talking about long parcels (blanks, wraping machines,...), so I'll expend some more money. But I feel I'll love this.

Daniel

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an1.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: December 21, 2004 08:31AM

Go to the list on the left and put your order in for catalogs to as many as you want You will like them to compare with

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an1.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: December 21, 2004 08:58AM

Anglers Rsrc/Fuji Check out this site

Posted by: Doug Cox (---.neonova.net)
Date: December 21, 2004 09:04PM

The search engine Alta Vista has a language translation feature...I think it is called "babble fish" or something similiar.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 21, 2004 09:32PM

IMO, Mudhole has by far the best, most complete catalog in the business. 100 pages full of pictures and lots of rodbuilding information. I would go right to their web site and order a new catalog ASAP.
Jann's Netcraft also has an excellent catalog and is a good company to deal with.

Merrick has a really big one but they are wholesale only. The manufacturer's also have excellant catalogs American Tackle (Good company) , Batson and others listed on the left. Keep in mind that many of the items in Fuji catalog are not available in U.S.

Welcome to the addiction!!!

Mike :)

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 21, 2004 09:33PM

IMO, Mudhole has by far the best, most complete catalog in the business. 100 pages full of pictures and lots of rodbuilding information. I would go right to their web site and order a new catalog ASAP.
Jann's Netcraft also has an excellent catalog and is a good company to deal with.

Merrick has a really big one but they are wholesale only. The manufacturer's also have excellant catalogs American Tackle (Good company) , Batson and others listed on the left. Keep in mind that many of the items in Fuji catalog are not available in U.S.

Welcome to the addiction!!!

Mike :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster