I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Slick Butt
Posted by: steve loper (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 19, 2004 03:07AM

Who Makes or Sales Slick Butts.
Thanks STeve

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Slick Butt
Posted by: Barry d Thomas Sr (---.riogrd01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 19, 2004 05:27AM

American tackle makes Tuff Butt, Stuart makes Tuff Butt

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.ij.net)
Date: December 19, 2004 07:00AM

I have a friend of mine that makes his own with shrink tube. Might want to give that some thought.

Tom Church

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.205.202.68.cfl.rr.com)
Date: December 19, 2004 10:00AM

We sell them:
[shop.mudhole.com]

Posted by: Steve Loper (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 19, 2004 10:39AM

What does he do just keep adding till its were he wants it

Posted by: steve Loper (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 19, 2004 10:52AM

Had ordered 2 from a company Stating they were Stuart Tuff Butt, when I got them they were thin Junk , So how do you know what to Ask for to get the nice shaped one & not this thin Junk.
Thanks
Steve

Posted by: Barry D Thomas Sr (---.riogrd01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 19, 2004 10:58AM

First be Sure to order from a Reputable Dealer (look Left)
and if you do get something thats Not of good Quality contact that Person and let them know! Always buy Name Brands

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 19, 2004 12:12PM

I've never had any problem when ordering Stuart Tuff Butts from either MudHole or Merrick Tackle. I think it's best though to specify "STUART" Tuff Butt - or you might get something similar but not the same.

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (12.174.138.---)
Date: December 19, 2004 12:17PM

When I think of 'slick butt' I think of just the plastic tube. When you order a plastic butt you will receive just that...a thin plastic butt. You may get these from both Stuart and AmTac. A complete Tuff Butt by Stuart is not only the plastic butt but also a full underlining made from aluminum that is attached to an aluminum reel seat. Also included is a gimbal. The complete Stuart Tuff Butts are as strong as you can get w/o going to a unibut. As a matter of fact I would rather have the Stuart butt instead of a unibut in most occasions. Jay

Posted by: Scott Reed-Jann's Netcraft (65.173.219.---)
Date: December 20, 2004 11:49AM

Steve,
Jann's Netcraft offers Slick Butt's made by American Tackle. They are strong and reasonably priced. They are available in 8,10 or 12".
Scott Reed
Jann's Netcraft
1-800-346-6590

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: December 20, 2004 04:14PM

Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast distribute the Slick Butts in 8", 10", 12" , these come with the trim ring so that what ever reel seat you plan on using it will have a smooth transition. We are not reinventing the wheel with our product line but are adding small user freindly additions. Also FYI - The AG27 ( In Blue, Gold, Silver, Black ) fits up perfectly with the slicks for that smooth transition from butt to gimbal..
If you have not yet received our new 80 pg color component catalog feel free to contact us or one of our many distributors for your FREE copy. IMHO the most comprehensive catalog in the industry..Also be ready for our new 40 pg Blank catalog to be available in January. This will be the largest selection of blanks under one label ( Rainshadow/Forecast) in the industry.
These are exciting times for Batson Enterprises and the industry as a whole.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Thank you all for the support
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast
wbatson@olypen.com
877-875-2381

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster