I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bugs, Gremlins, Support Issues, Questions
Posted by: carrington tate (159.37.7.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 10:07AM

Thanks to Tom again for providing this excellent website (I know Tom, and the sponsors!). The only thing that would be nice to bring back, if possible, is the "new" feature. It was nice to know that a new idea or opinion was added to a previously viewed thread, so you could go back and check it out.

Thanks again,

Carrington Tate

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bill Stevens (205.188.116.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 10:18AM

I would like the ability to view as many threads as possible without having to start the scrool. I do not visit all threads and more in view would speed up my use.

Suggest: Widening the "subject" field by deletion of the "views" field. The number of "posts" is the field that denotes interest and comment. The number of "hits" is important to track activity but could be logged elsewhere or in a narrower less prominent area field.

Suggest: Deletion of the redundant text prefix of "last post by" on the name line in the last field. Just log the name of the last post and time. This would also allow field width adjustments.

These two items would give you considerable spaces in the viewable database to increase the width of the Subject field. Several threads would be added to each screen.

I work with a very bright screen and really like the grey shading to separate posts - it could take a little darkening.

Curious - What font has that stupid tick at the top of "l and i"

Lookin Good - Bill

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 17, 2004 10:27AM

Any site that requires registration will not be extremely popular. And that's one reason I don't even like having that option on this site - it will definitely cause some people to bypass the site. But, most sites these days require it and so the software makers build it in.

Posted by: steve parks (65.214.202.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 10:31AM

Please keep registration optional so that the innocently banned users of bellsouth can post questions or comments. The key word here is "optional"

Date: December 17, 2004 10:40AM

Registration will not affect any IP ranges banned due to misuse. Those ranges will still be blocked until BellSouth agrees to their own contractual user terms. Sorry.

Posted by: Bob Crook (65.54.98.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 10:47AM

I like the registration option. When you are logged in the forum list shows which subjects have "New" posts. Also I like the feature which allow the user to change the time to their local time zone.

The only change might be helpful for some of older folks with tired eyes would be the font and background color.

All and all even without any changes it is a great site and Tom deserves a big Thank You from all of us.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (67.149.18.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 11:00AM

Good Job!! You guys amaze me with the work/time you put in to this.

Many improvements! Will just take a little time to get used to it.

I like the improvements, but really don't like the fonts used and the lack of the "New" tag on unread posts. I would like to see more posts displayed without having to go to a new page.

The posts seem to have a lot of wasted blank space at the end of the posts.
I agree with Tom on the posting of pix in the post. Besides the cost of bandwidth, each pix would just push the posts farther out of view. If possible, I think that it would be a BIG help if it could be set up to default to automatically create a link when a URL is placed in the post! I think that it would be a significnt help.

I understand that if you register you can get additional features, but what will happen when the registration feature is turned off??
Also, like Tom pointed out, registration will keep some people off and it seems to be working quite well without using registration

Mike

Posted by: steve parks (65.214.202.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 11:15AM

Tom...I registered and it let me post. Dunno why but it did. I registered and posted from my computer at home with no problem.

Date: December 17, 2004 11:48AM

Photos which you would like to have for posterity should be put on the regular photo page here. Those that are really only topic specific and would relate for a short time only to the post at hand, can be put in the message box. Like Mike said, if you want your photo to be something that many will see, will be easy to find, and be around for a long while, put it on the photo page, not here.

Posted by: dave potts (69.27.201.---)
Date: December 17, 2004 03:13PM

I agree with the others on the font and background. A little darker font and less brightness in the background would be better.

Dave

Posted by: Jay Lancaster (63.168.119.---)
Date: December 18, 2004 11:13AM

I will agree with most of what's been said already. One other thing I miss when compairing to the old format deals with the individual topic links on the message board. It is nice when the link changes colors after you view it once. On my computer the links are blue and normally change to purple once viewed. This helps me keep track of the topics I have interest in and when the 'new' tag pops up on one of these links I know to go check it out again. Under the old format the color of the link would change even when I right clicked on my mouse and chose the 'open in new window' option...which I almost always do. Under the new format all the links stay their original blue color and makes it hard for me to follow.

No real complaints here...just trying to help you cover all the bases. Great job so far by-the-way. Thanks for everything. Jay

Posted by: John Dow (---.snet.net)
Date: December 18, 2004 10:58PM

Well , I've been looking , and posting for the last 2 days , and I've almost already adapted to the changes . I do have a question , though it may be dumb........what is the feature to "report this message"? To who , and what are you ( I ) reporting ??........great site Tom . John

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster