I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Ride to Charlotte
Posted by: Larry Salter (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: December 13, 2004 08:01PM

Anyone that is going to the show from Fl. and would like someone to help with the gas, I'm your man. I live above Tampa, at Crystal River and would love to go, but don't have a way.You can email me and let me know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ride to Charlotte
Posted by: Sammy Mickel (---.r4.ncreed.infoave.net)
Date: December 13, 2004 09:29PM

Just in case you don't hear from anyone have you looked into a bus trip?

Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.centcom.mil)
Date: December 13, 2004 10:34PM

Depending on how work pans out, I'm going to be making the same trip. Give me a shout, I'm also in Tampa.

Phil

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.57.139.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: December 13, 2004 10:43PM

Put your request on the buy/sell page here. Seriously. There will be hundreds of guys coming up from Florida for the show and surely you can get a ride with someone.

Posted by: Myles Boon (202.138.16.---)
Date: December 13, 2004 11:54PM

Hey Phil, you wouldn't swing past Brisbane Australia on the way to Charlotte would you. Shouldn't take you far off the route. LOL

Myles

Posted by: david schaub (---.hstqtx02.covad.net)
Date: December 14, 2004 05:25PM

Hey Myles, if you start digging now, you will probably come up about OHIO and you can hitch-hike from there!

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 14, 2004 05:57PM

Myles -
Maybe Phil can set you up with a MAC flight from Richmond AFB (just outside Sydney).... CENTCOM still in & out of there? LOL

Posted by: Myles Boon (---.b.002.brs.iprimus.net.au)
Date: December 14, 2004 06:19PM

Ken, as a kid when I lived in Sydney, I use to bicycle 50km to Richmond to watch the weekly arrivals of the starlifters, I think they where national guard airmen they always felt sorry for my mate and I and use to get us in and show us around the aircraft, those days of the open gate policy is long gone for the young children or aviation buffs. I supose there is still fishing.

Myles

I seem to recall these aircraft use to bring all US servicemen and women there luxuries Caddies, Budwieser etc. out to Woomera etc.

And Phil I really don't take up much room.

Posted by: Ken Preston (68.55.202.---)
Date: December 16, 2004 01:06AM

Nah my Caddie (actually a 4WD jeep pickup truck - Ute to you) arrived by ship, transshiped to Adelaide by rail and from there on the Ghan to Alice Springs. We all gave up on Budweiser after we found out that you blokes like cold clear beer unlike Pommy Pee. We also found you much more reasonable after the radio and TV taxes were lifted and you finally allowed that FM radio would not be injurious to your brain cells.. All in all we now understand better why you joined in the withdrawl from Mother England. I suppose I will have to give the English a bit of a break though - if I had to suffer sunlight withdrawl for as many weeks/months I'd likely be looking for a warm beer too... Rolling on the floor laughing! ! !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster