I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

We are not renewing as a sponsor for 2005
Posted by: California Tackle (---.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net)
Date: December 11, 2004 10:18AM

Dear Rod Builder

California Tackle will not be renewing our sponsor link for 2005.
We came on board with Tom Kirkman 2 years ago to give the rod builders the opportunity to buy reels and tackle at the same wholesale price that we sell to tackle stores.
I feel that we have succeeded with what we set out to do.

I thank everyone who has supported us in the last 2 years and the ones that have watched us grow.

PS
We are not going out of business
You can still call @ 760-758-8157 or e-mail any questions

Have a great new year
Dennis Larison
California Tackle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We are not renewing as a sponsor for 2005
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.195.76.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: December 11, 2004 11:03AM

Gee Dennis, I just may need some of your stuff.

Posted by: Rob Grider. (---.digitalgroup.net)
Date: December 11, 2004 11:25AM

I hope this won't become a trend but we do appreciate your past sponsorship in order to maintain this wonderful site.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 11, 2004 11:41AM

I do have to ask why now that you have succeeded in gaining OUR support you are dropping your's.
I am NOT knocking you, just curious since there are ton's of new builders hitting this board every day, so if youe sponsoship worked with us, why wouldn't it keep on working to your benefit??

Mike

Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: December 11, 2004 12:09PM

Well, I can't say or incenuate they are doing something wrong. In fact, it may work out just the opposite. They have supported the board for two years. I beleive Tom has said in the past, he has limited space for sponsors and I beleive there is/was? a waiting list. So in essence, they may have set out to do what they needed or wanted, and now open the door to give someone else a chance.

I could be off, just my opinion.

Phil

Posted by: John Dow (---.60.169.93.adsl.snet.net)
Date: December 11, 2004 12:35PM

I have had very good dealings with Dennis in the last year , sorry to see you go . John

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 11, 2004 12:58PM

Phil,

I wasn't insinuating that they did anything wrong and I hope no one takes it that wayI

I was just curious in the fact that if it worked for them, why they felt that it wouldn't keep working for them with new visitors, that's all.

I do appreciate their past support

Mike

Posted by: California Tackle (---.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net)
Date: December 11, 2004 01:37PM

It is kinda funny that the rod builders that show the most concern are not dealers of the California Tackle products.
If more of you took advantage of my offer for the last 2 years I would stick around.

Dennis
California Tackle

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.57.141.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: December 11, 2004 01:53PM

It's okay guys. The sponsors are not here in order to support the site. In fact, any company that wanted to become a sponsor here simply to support the site wouuld be told not to waste their time.

Dennis used this site to build his business and did what he set out to do. If I was in his shoes I would do exactly the same thing he's done and withdraw sponsorship once I've done all I could do here. It would not make good business sense for him to continue spending money here if he's done all he can at this particular place. It's time for him to advertise on other sites and get what he can from them. I wish him well.

Posted by: David Fuller (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 11, 2004 09:40PM

I bought into the California Tackle line of products, in a small way, and will continue to do so. Thanks for introducing me to the line of reels, line and lures. My customers really like them and the profit margin isn't too bad either.

tight lines for all !
David A. Fuller
Great Basing Fishing Rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster