I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

show brochure correct??
Posted by: Danny Bundy (---.69-93-60.reverse.theplanet.com)
Date: December 09, 2004 09:11AM

Tom I got the show brochure for Charlotte in the mail yesterday and the seminar list and times don't match the ones you put here on the board earlier in the week. I want to sort of pre plan my days there. Which one is correct? By the way they also mis-spelled your name.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: show brochure correct??
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.54.45.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: December 09, 2004 09:31AM

They rushed the brochure through and there are several mistakes within. Plus, they did not have room to list all the actual seminars and some were left out. This is the one thing pertaining to the show that I don't think that was very well done. But no matter, it's actually a very, very small part of the overall advertising and promotion for the show.

Use the list I put up earlier this week. It's accurate and has all the seminars and programs listed. I'll continue to update it once a week, but the seminars and demonstrations are now set in stone. They won't change, unless we decide to add a couple more. If we do, I'll mention it here.

As far as how they spelled my name, I don't really care about that sort of thing. It won't make any difference as far as the show goes.

Posted by: Shawn Moore (62.132.1.---)
Date: December 09, 2004 09:40AM

I'm a little worried about long lines at the ticket booth. I've heard it was a nightmare getting in last year. Is there not any way to buy a ticket in advance???

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.54.45.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: December 09, 2004 09:50AM

I wouldn't call it a nightmare, exactly. I was inside and really didn't see the lines at the ticket booths. I was told that some people had to wait 40 minutes to purchase a ticket, but that may have had to do with how early they arrived. If you show up at 7 AM, be aware that you can't even buy a ticket until nearly 8:30.

Pre-show tickets are only available to clubs and such, and in blocks of 20 tickets or more.

The show opens at 9 AM and the first seminar does not take place until 10 AM. You shouldn't miss anything and we'll have more ticket booths open this year. I can't promise you that you won't have to a wait a bit if you arrive just before 9 AM, but after that the line moves along pretty quickly. I'll see what I can do about getting the ticket booths open a little earlier so the process can start sooner. Overall I don't think this will be much of an issue.

Posted by: Mike Williams (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: December 09, 2004 07:21PM

Hope Ralph can make it this year. Was disappointed that he wasn't there last year although Joe Kassuba did a great job filling in.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.57.127.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: December 09, 2004 10:09PM

Ralph had some family obligations that kept him away this year. But he's very excited about this year's event and will be there with bells on. Ralph is probably the most experienced rod repair technician around, and his seminar on repairing rod breaks is something any rod repairman will want to see.

Joe Kassuba will be joining Ralph in the Trondak U-40 booth this year as well.

Posted by: Aurthur Mercer (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 09, 2004 10:28PM

Ralph will most likely be the only person at the show older than myself. So I only have to call person "sir."

I'm very much looking forward to visiting my daughter in North Carolina and attending the show that weekend as well. She's in Boone and they'll have several feet of snow by that time. Let's hope Charlotte is bone dry, clear and warm!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster