I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Need a fly special fly handle built
Posted by: Jeff Zack (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 02, 2004 05:59PM

Would anyone be willing to make me an upper handle for a swithcer I am building. 10.5" long, simple cork, shaped like those Mr Meiser uses. (Which can be seen at [www.meiserflyrods.com] , the lower right image, top three rods.) I do not have the right tools and already have ruined a $14 spey handle trying to re-shape it. Please email directly with a price and for precise details about turned dimentions.

Thank you.

I am in Michigan..

Jeff Zack

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need a fly special fly handle built
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 02, 2004 06:31PM

Jeff,
I think I'd start by looking (above) under the directory for folks located in Michigan - that might also be nearby you. If they're near enough you can go meet the builder and explain in person what it is you are looking for.

Posted by: Kurt McKenna (---.neo.rr.com)
Date: December 02, 2004 06:46PM

Can I inquire as to the method you attempted use to modify the grip.

Posted by: Aurthur Mercer (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: December 02, 2004 07:06PM

www.tackleworks.org to find a rod builder who can do it in your local area.

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.dsl.snantx.swbell.net)
Date: December 02, 2004 08:02PM

Jeff,
If you can't find someone locally to help you out...call me, I'll make you one.

Andy Dear
Lamar Reel Seats
www.lamarreelseats.com
210-865-3256

Posted by: Jeff Zack (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2004 09:36AM

Thank you all, was able to find a local builder with lathe and all the good toys. Uh.... I mean tools. And his price was so good that considering how busy I am right now, I had him finish the rod.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster