I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

HorT-Edwards Supply....
Posted by: Sam Douglas (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 01, 2004 01:02PM

going out of business.
50% off retail sales.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HorT-Edwards Supply....
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.33.127.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: December 01, 2004 01:42PM

Thanks....

Posted by: Kit Harrison (---.txucom.net)
Date: December 01, 2004 09:00PM

It is sad that they are going out of business. We need all the advertisers we can get and all of the people in business that supply us with our components. Dina and her staff were always helpful friendly, and quick to help in any way that they could. They will be missed.

Kit

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.54.193.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: December 01, 2004 10:31PM

Many more will follow shortly due to some very poor trade practices within the rod building industry. It's going to be a tough year on a lot of suppliers.

Posted by: Neal Cissel (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: December 02, 2004 12:02AM

Dina and all her staff will be missed. Before I really stepped into the selling of products I first was and still am a custom rod builder and I bought alot of products from Heads or Tails. Dina has been a blessing in this business and a help to us all. I had a nice chat with her today and after getting off the phone I had tears of the frustrations she had to make in the last 2 years. There has been alot of changes in this business in the last 5 years and I have to agree with Tom K. that yes there are more companies that will fall to the way side. Weather its some poor trade practices or just to many pieces in the pie trying to sell the same items it's anyones guess. We need to support the sponsors of this business and the customers that we so cheerish. We are a small nit family and I feel we are all good people. So Dina, You will always be in my Prayers and Thoughts!!!

Your Friend & Customer,
Neal Cissel
Neal's Fishing Products

Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.152.240.93.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: December 02, 2004 01:05AM

Just recently I called to inquire on some particular blanks, they told me that the move to their new location was strictly a move to improve business, that it was syill the same company - that the only thing that changed was the name. They never mentioned going out of business. They were on my list of suppliers, yes, they are going to be missed...

Lou

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.54.181.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: December 02, 2004 08:41AM

The next issue of RodMaker lists the reasons why rod building suppliers are on the ropes, why they are, and how to fix the problems. It doesn't mean anyone will listen, but it's not hard to see what's going on.

The general fishing tackle market went through this same scenario 20 years ago and the rod building market is getting ready to duplicate that same scenario. If you don't learn from history, then you're likely to repeat it.

Posted by: mike taillefer (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: December 03, 2004 03:56PM

the 50% off is no longer in effect. i placed an order 2 days ago and it looks like it is void.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster