I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Photo page Question for Tom K
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 28, 2004 07:12PM

Tom,
Is there an easy way to make it so a poster could add their E-mail address to the profile on the Photo Page?? Since a large number of photo posters use nicknames not used on the board, it would make it a lot easier to contact them with questions, etc.

I don't mean make e-mail addresses mandatory, just optional if the poster so desires.

Mike

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Photo page Question for Tom K
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.54.6.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: November 28, 2004 07:47PM

There is no sense in not using your actual name. In the next few weeks all registered users of the photo page will be getting an email letting them know that they will have to go in and completely fill out their user profiles with their first and last names and a valid email address or they will be removed from the list of registered users. That means they won't be able to post any more photos unless their profile is correct and up to date.

I agree that it's frustrating to see a photo and not know who put it up there or how to contact them.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: November 28, 2004 07:54PM

When I first began posting, I'd forgotten if I'd used my darned name or the nickname that everyone calls me by (Alzheimer's kickin' in).
I posted two pics under my name and the rest under...

Putter

Posted by: Bob Crook (---.msn.com)
Date: November 28, 2004 07:57PM

Can a person change it now or do we have to wait for the email? Also what happens to the pictures already posted under a nickname?

Thanks
Bob

Date: November 28, 2004 07:57PM

I won't worry about what has come before and you could still use your nickname on the actual photo post, it's just nice to be able to go to the profile page and find out who the person posting the photo is or how to perhaps get in touch with them. I probably get two dozen emails each week asking me who put up certain photos. Most of the time I have no idea.

Date: November 28, 2004 08:01PM

No previous photos will be removed. You can edit your profile now or wait until notified. I have quite a bit to do getting another magazine ready and the various things involved with the Charlotte show so the photo page thing has taken a back seat.

If you would like to edit your profile now, you can certainly do so. Just hit the "my profile" link and then "edit my profile" and you'll find it very straightforward. You can put in as much or as little info as you like, but the name and email will be mandatory shortly.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 28, 2004 08:08PM

Tom,
Although there is a place for me to list my e-mail address in my profile, there is no place for it to display when viewing profiles. Will a line be added for it?

Mike

Posted by: Bob Crook (---.msn.com)
Date: November 28, 2004 08:21PM

Tried to change my users name and couldn't do it so put my eamail address in the " About Me" box.

Bob Crook (AKA Coolgranpabob)

Date: November 28, 2004 08:21PM

When you click on the name it will come up just like it does here.

I have some more poking around to do on the photo site and when I get things all figured out I'll email all the registered users and let them know what to do. As I mentioned, I just need to get some of the other things out of the way first so for now the page will stay as it is. Don't sweat it, nothing will happen without some advance warning.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster