I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Anyone know who carries the NPS seats?
Posted by: Russ Blanchard (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 28, 2004 02:39AM

Hello everyone!

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!

After seeing GW's pics of the surf rods using the NPS seats I have decided that I will make myself a GSB 108 1L using this seat!
I know that Bingham carries them but only with silver and gold hood!
I really want a black hood. Do any of you know who might carry the ones with black hoods? Or if the hood nuts are interchangeable with a standard fuji spin seat?
The only place I have found the black hooded ones are overseas and we all know what a pain that can be!!

Russ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone know who carries the NPS seats?
Posted by: Doug Cox (---.neonova.net)
Date: November 28, 2004 07:49AM

I am pretty sure all Fuji hoods of the same size are interchangeable...I have also swapped nuts and hoods from different companies that worked fine.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 28, 2004 07:51AM

Stop being so cheap!!!! Just buy a regular black hooded Fuji and swap the locking nut.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: November 28, 2004 08:14AM

Custom Tackle carries then in all colors as far as I know, got some black ones from them a couple of months ago.

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.rr.com)
Date: November 28, 2004 08:33AM

Russ,

Summermoon advertizes that they have them.

[summermoonrodworks.com]

Hank

Date: November 28, 2004 09:40AM

Thanks guys!

Oh and Billy!!! Read my post again! you will see that I asked if the nuts were interchangeable! So there! LOL!! Besides I have to save my pennies for the blanks your holding for me! Unemployed ya know! and the arm isnt ready to work yet according to the Dr!!

Russ

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.54.214.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: November 28, 2004 09:45AM

Turn the seat around and put the nut to the front for a really comfortable set up. I've been using these seats for years and have found that when given the choice, most fishermen like them better when they're oriented that way.

Posted by: Custom Tackle Supply (64.53.115.---)
Date: November 28, 2004 10:04AM

We have all the Fuji NPS seat is the Deluxe models as well as the "M" models. Deluxe models come with either Stainless or Gold hood and the "M" seats come with either Frosted Silver, Black, Gunsmoke or Matte Gold hood. Sizes 16, 18, & 20.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.36.87.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: November 28, 2004 10:48AM

Tom is on the money. I do that with all my spinning seats. When your hand is on the threads, after a while it will hurt, very uncomfortable

Date: November 28, 2004 11:32AM

Bob,
Sent you an email!

Posted by: Doug Cox (---.neonova.net)
Date: November 28, 2004 10:47PM

I found that the "comfort factor" depends on how you hold the reel. I hold the reel foot between my second and third finger. If I mount the seat with the nut up, then my fingers are on the threads. Just another plus for making your own rod....you can make it to fit your hand.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster