I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

syringes
Posted by: Bill Majerle (---.112.163.208.dul.mn.charter.com)
Date: November 27, 2004 11:11AM

I'm using the Flex coat syringes that came with the "Lite Formula" package. The problem I'm having is the markings on the sides of syringes are coming off, which makes it difficult to measure equal parts of A&B finish. Where can I purchase additional syringes (silicone free)without having to buy the whole Flex Coat kit. Bill

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: syringes
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.57.216.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: November 27, 2004 11:40AM

Most of the component supply dealers to the left will have either the Flex Coat or U-40 syringes available for sale in pairs.

In the meantime, the markings on the side of the syringe shouldn't be coming off (you're not cleaning the syringes are you?). You use masking tape to make exact levels on both syringes and keep using what you've got.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 27, 2004 11:40AM

Probably the same place you got the Flex coat. Not being sarcastic but most of the suppliers carry the syringes either Flexcoat or U-40. I get them from Mudhole

Mike

Posted by: John Butterfield (---.adsl.gulftel.net)
Date: November 27, 2004 02:28PM

Medical syringes are a lot cheaper. All you have to do is flush the silicone out with acetone. I have used them for years and never had a problem. I get them at a feed store for about 5 cents each, flush them all out at the same time and usually throw them away after one use. John Butterfield

Posted by: Kit Harrison (---.txucom.net)
Date: November 27, 2004 06:55PM

Bill, I use the same Flex Coat syringes and have never had a problem with the markings. I use de-natured alchohol to clean them. So even I am puzzled at this. But you can purchase the syringes without buying a whole kit.

Kit

Posted by: Barry McGuire (---.newm2.ct.charter.com)
Date: November 28, 2004 01:16PM

Bill..In Ct., to my surprise, you need a prescription to buy syringes-even without the needles. However, if you have a Walmart handy, you may be in luck. I found a medicine measuring-dispensing kit that gives a terrific syringe and a plug/syringe holder that pops into the neck of the epoxy bottle, pretty much eliminating all hassles with measuring,dispensing,and cleaning. You need 2 of 'em, and at $1.68 each, it's the best deal since a fishing license cost $4.35. Barry

Posted by: levi farster (---.essex1.com)
Date: November 28, 2004 02:40PM

I get monster syringes from my local vet. Since its not an item thay normally sell, you may have to barter or be friendly or something. Yes, they will immediatly think you have some sort of drug problem. I like the feed store idea. I hadn't thought of it, although there are 2 in my area.

Posted by: Ross van Enckevort (---.adl2.internode.on.net)
Date: November 28, 2004 03:11PM

Hi Bill,
I use the Flexcoat syringes, the larger ones that come in the kits. I have had the same ones now for 5 years. What I did to stop the increments coming off, is I coat the outsideof the syringe with the flexcoat. Protects all the increments and then they will last you for years,until you decide when to get rid of them.

Ross.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster