I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sage 2 handed reel seat
Posted by: glen kinsella (212.129.64.---)
Date: November 25, 2004 01:26PM

Anyone know what reel seat Sage use on their latest 2 handed rods ?
Thanks in advance,
Glen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sage 2 handed reel seat
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: November 25, 2004 01:49PM

Struble I believe, depending on the blank used it could be a U-28 or one of the smaller U7,8 or maybe even a 15 reelseat.

Date: November 25, 2004 02:01PM

I'm not familiar with the U28 and don't see it on the Struble website.
The reelseat I'm after is the black anodised seat, Sage use on their 15' double handers. The closest I've seen to it, is one made by Pac bay, but I don't think it's the same. It may be that Struble make this particular seat just for Sage, but I just thought it was unlikely, as none of the other seats used by Sage or proprietary.
Any help will be most welcome.
Glen.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: November 25, 2004 03:19PM

The U-28 is the spey reelseat, it's as you discribed. Angler's Workshop and I'm sure other sponsors carry them.

Posted by: Jimmy Lemanczyk (---.web.thalamus.se)
Date: November 26, 2004 06:04PM

When I called Struble 2 weeks ago thay said they no longer do the reel seats for Sage 2-handers. The lady I spoke to said they lost out to a company in Washington. I don't remember the name but I believe it started with a H.

Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: November 26, 2004 10:28PM

Bellinger most likely.

Posted by: Bob Meiser (---.or.charter.com)
Date: November 27, 2004 01:44PM

99% of the two handed seats that I now use are made by Struble:

All aluminum barrels:

Redesigned U18
Redesigned U15
U16
U23
New product ~ Struble U28

NOTE: The newly designed U18/15 have expando-delran inserts in the housed leg hood, and lower barrel finish rings which make them even better as seats for the two handed rod.

Aluminum skeletons with inserts:

U16
U23

Nickel Silver with insert:

U26
U23

A further note....

Bellinger has recently been purchased by a great fella by the name of Chet Croco; a superb cane builder, and long associate/student of Deryl Whitehead and Al Bellinger.

He and I spent half the day last week in my shop talking about expanding his present series of two handed reel seats.

Look for some really beauty things to happen in the future with Chet and the Bellinger company.

Bob Meiser

Date: November 29, 2004 09:42AM

Thank's for the replies, folks.
Any one know who the Washington reel seat manufacturer is that now makes Sages 2 handed reel seats ?
Glen.

Posted by: Bob Meiser (---.or.charter.com)
Date: November 29, 2004 06:35PM

Glen,

It is a small independent machine shop in Gold Bar,WA.

They are a jobber and do only quantity.

You can get the seats right from Sage if you wish, or you can get them from Angler's Workshop.

Bob Meiser

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster