I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Welcome to Hook and Hackle
Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.155.45.193.Dial1.Baltimore1.Level3.net)
Date: November 19, 2004 04:02PM

Just wanted to say thanks and welcome to Hook and Hackle Company, one of our newest sponsors and an excellent resource for the flyfisherman or fly rod builder. I can recommend them highly for great service and an outstanding website.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Welcome to Hook and Hackle
Posted by: John Dow (---.snet.net)
Date: November 19, 2004 05:41PM

I have had nothing but good dealings with Bob over the last couple of years . I also highly recomend the Hook and Hackle folks for fly rod building needs. Their IM6 blanks make for some very nice inexpencive fly rods, and their prices are great . John Dow

Posted by: Lou Perez (---.eatntn01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 19, 2004 09:10PM

I third the welcome. H&H is one of my main sources for rodbuilding supplies and I am thrilled that they have become a sponsor here. I wish Bob the best of luck and continued success. I truly appreciate the excellent customer service and great prices he offers.

Lou

Posted by: Tim Stephens (---.242.60.73.Dial1.Seattle1.Level3.net)
Date: November 20, 2004 09:02AM

Must concur. H&H has given me superior services. Email questions get specific responces from Bob like next day. Orders come quick all the way to the West coast. The web site works cleanly. Prices are in line with most volume vendors.

At least a dozen others on the left have given me the same superior services for one or two blank and components sets.

Posted by: Josh Martineau (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 20, 2004 03:51PM

Hook & Hackle is where I get most of my rod building stuff and their service is very fast. I also recomend their IM6 rods. They also have really good deals on their specials page.
-Josh

Posted by: Barry Whitehouse (---.0.98.107.adsl.snet.net)
Date: November 20, 2004 06:11PM

I am the rod building instructor for the Connecticut Fly Fishermen's Association, and have been recommending Hook & Hackle IM6 fly rod kits for my students. Great deal, good fishing rod, kit includes all components, glue and even the rod case and sock if you want. Bob advertises discounts on a regular basis on his web site. Super guy to deal with.

Posted by: Vance Corbett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 21, 2004 09:16AM

This is really good news. H&H is an excellent source for rod building supplies and other fly fishing/ fly tying materials (They are my primary source and will continue to be). These folks are customer-oriented in a real old-fashioned way: first rate service every time, great advice, never a mistake. Vance

Posted by: Dave Wallbridge (82.152.144.---)
Date: November 21, 2004 01:06PM

Ditto to all of the above.
Excellent service and always a quick response to questions.

Dave (UK)

Posted by: John lasky (---.com)
Date: November 23, 2004 02:08PM

Welcome Hook & Hackle.

another very good vendor for this very good site.

Bob (hook & Hackle) bob is a fine gentleman and runs a very good business and like many of our vendors hes a lot of help

PS: If you fly rod guys want a premium fly reel at a very good price call Bob because his H&H private label premium fly reel is actually a big brand name fly reel at a much nicer price.

I have a few of them and they are, well they are a big brand name.

Welcome on Bob!!

"John"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster