I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

How to reach vendor?
Posted by: sanford hochman (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: November 14, 2004 10:39AM

After leaving a phone message and an e-mail, and getting no response, I wonder why a vendor would want to invest in advertising if he does not bother to contact a potential customer? If anyone knows how to get in touch with anyone at Classic Custom Wood , would you please let me know. I know most businesses have a way of keeping in touch with their own business even when they are out of town or very busy. I guess it is is an indication of what to expect if something is ordered as well. Hate to sound off, but this has happened in different cases several times. I must say that on the whole, the vendors have been responsive and timely.
Sanford Hochman

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to reach vendor?
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.54.218.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: November 14, 2004 10:48AM

Ray Jorgensen (Classic Custom Wood) operates a one man sideline business making unique custom rod handles. He might be on vacation, he might be on a business trip, he might have experienced a death in the family. There are a lot of reasons why he might not be available at various times during the year.

Ray's business isn't along the same lines as that of Mud Hole, or somebody like St. Croix. He's a craftsman making things one at a time. He may not see the need to be accessible 24/7. If I were you I'd wait a reasonable amount of time and either contact him again or go elsewhere. I suspect he will get back in touch with you as soon as he's in a position to do so.

Ray will be at the National Rod Builders' Show in Charlotte in February, showing and selling his beautiful rod handles.

Posted by: Raymond Mazza (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 14, 2004 10:55AM

Having spoken to Ray recently, I can tell you that he is extremely busy. He is teaching seminars as well as building his rods, and working on orders that he already has taken. In addition, Tom is correct, this is a sideline business for Ray and one or more of the many things mentioned in his reply may have taken place. Lastly, as with many talented individuals with a unique product, things have grown at a rate Ray did not expect. He is doing his best to please everyone and still enjoy what he is doing. We must remember that not everyone is a large scale business nor do they want to be (and thankfully not all will be) . I'm sure Ray will get back to you as soon as possible.
Ray Mazza

Posted by: sanford hochman (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: November 14, 2004 12:49PM

I do appreciate the fact that one is busy and is tied up, but all I ask is a phone call or some idea that I have been noticed. I can wait for weeks if necessary as long as there is a response, even a message to the effect that he is too busy for the moment. That isn't asking too much. In today's business world, this is a common occurence, so I guess we have to grin and bear it, but having been in a very busy practice myself, I made sure everyone got a response even though I could not see or talk to him/her. Even though there are other craftsman out there, his work impressed me enough to call him and be prepared to spend the necessary bucks for his work, so I can wait. Thanks for your comments.
Sanford Hochman

Posted by: Ray Jorgense (---.longlines.com)
Date: November 14, 2004 07:34PM

Sanford,

It was great to talk to you this afternoon. As I said I never got an email. Virus or spam blockers must have stopped it. I'm really glad that you took the next step and made the call, I just wish it wouldn't have come when I was out of town taking care of my Mom's business for a couple days. It's nice not to live close but on the other hand it takes longer for those things you have to do.

As Tom stated, I'm a one man show. When I'm out my wife usually it with me, if not she will let you know when I'll be back. Sorry for the delay, but I do appreciate the followup phone call. It's a lesson we all should learn. Email isn't always 100%.

Thanks Tom and Ray for helping me out here. I do my best to respond to any request. Mom isn't into computers, so I'm very limited when I go to see her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster