I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Mudhole ??? Turn Around
Posted by: Domenic Federico (---.as0.wlgh.oh.core.com)
Date: November 12, 2004 11:01PM

I was hoping someone could shed some light on Mudhole's turn around time for questions tied to order placement. I am getting antsy about placing the final order and paying, but have to wait for several of my questions to be answered (so that my order is placed correctly). One of the items is a discountinued/clearance blank from Cascade, which I am afraid my sell out by the time they get back to me about the rest of the items. Currently, I have waited approximately two days and have yet to get a response from them other than an automated response with a number for reference?!

Anyone have any experience with this???

Thanks ahead of time!
Domenic Federico

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mudhole ??? Turn Around
Posted by: Scott Jungdahl (---.central.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 12, 2004 11:51PM

I've never experienced anything but good customer service from Mudhole.

give them a call.

Posted by: Charles Tatton (---.slkc.qwest.net)
Date: November 13, 2004 01:21AM

I called Mudhole two times during non-business hours and received a call back the very next morning in both instances.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 13, 2004 08:38AM

This is intended to be constructive. Mudhole's service seems to be fine when you deal with them on the phone. Emails do not always get proper attention. I am not sure they do not have a security setting on their email that deletes a lot of incoming messages. if you are out of country or order at night this is really a pain.

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 13, 2004 09:02AM

I do ALL of my orering via E-mail to Mudhole and have had no problems and quick service

Mike

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.152.54.203.Dial1.Atlanta1.Level3.net)
Date: November 13, 2004 09:22AM

Domenic,

Your best bet is to call them and if you have to wait on anything, ask them to hold the blank in question for you.

Posted by: John-Michael Dunaway (---.dsl.austtx.swbell.net)
Date: November 13, 2004 08:50PM

Regarding th e cascade blanks they have been on clearance for months so i doubt they will be selling out any time soon. I usually get a response in a day or two but they are closed on the weekeds I think. Lynn in customer service will take care of you if you call no questions asked.
John-Michael

Posted by: Rick Keefer (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: November 13, 2004 11:07PM

Domenic, MudHole is one of the finest supplier of rod building around. There are times when things do get behind but I have ordered many times from them and except for one small problem whice I might add what taken care of quicker than any company I have delt with for over 20 years, they CAN be trusted !! Have no fear everything will turn out ok, you'll see.

Rick

Posted by: Larry Salter (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: November 14, 2004 09:34AM

Mudhole has some great people working there and will help you any way they can call them and tell them the problem and I will assure you it will be taking care of.

Posted by: George Thurston (---.faa.gov)
Date: November 15, 2004 09:47AM

If the item is out of stock or not a stocked item, I've gotten stuff from Mudhole in various packages at various dates.

For example, I ordered a bunch of St. Croix blanks and they came directly from the factory. The guides, flex coat, etc. came directly from Mudhole within a few days. St. Croix stuff took over a week.

This order also got me a free hat, which came about 4 weeks later - in a separate package.

It'll come eventually.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster