I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Quick note on email addresses
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: March 01, 2002 06:17PM

One of the "horrid" rules of this board concerns the use of a valid email address. As we have done with the name rule, we will soon by cracking down on the email rule as well. If you are posting with a false email address, your post will be removed automatically.

This is not to accuse or point fingers at anyone. It does not appear to be much of a problem really, as 99% of those who use the board have been very gracious in abiding by our board rules. I think we have all benefitted from this in what amounts to a very civil and helpful board. Our current info does not show that many emails are invalid, but we do plan to put the remaining pieces of our program into effect. This means that the few that are will be automatically removed as they are posted.

Thus this mention that the means to determine valid email addresses in a quick, easy and automatic fashion is being readied and will be used shortly.

No big deal, just keep it in mind. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Quick note on email addresses
Posted by: Jerry Grimes (---.md1.cablespeed.com)
Date: March 02, 2002 06:36PM

Tom
What if you have two email addresses : example a hotmail,and your ISP.You use the ISP address for friends and family and the other for general web use?

Posted by: Moderator3 (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 02, 2002 09:31PM

You can use as many as you like, as long as they are valid and do not return mail to the sender.

Posted by: Don Kelly (---.lebnon01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2002 12:26AM

Sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but why do we need a real e-mail anyway?? This might dter a rodbuilder without an e-mail address from ever posting. It doesnt affect me, but I still would like to know why you care so much
~Don~

Posted by: Tony Hill (---.ras11.vahen.tii-dial.net)
Date: March 03, 2002 08:31AM

Am I the cause of this trouble?

My ISP (Tidalwave) was recently bought out by Purespeed.com and there have been growing pains. Recently, I noticed that I was getting almost no emails for several days. Then I got a flood of people telling me that my mail was "bouncing".

I called my ISP and they fixed the problem while I was on the phone.

If it was my account that caused the problem, I apologize profusely! SORRY GUYS!!!

TH

Date: March 03, 2002 08:34AM

...Oh, and if it was me and it is still acting up, PLEASE email my wife's account at thill@tidalwave.net. Sorry again if it was my account that caused trouble. Thanks.

TH

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: March 03, 2002 09:15AM

You need a to use valid email address just as you need to use a full name. That's just the rules and they have served to make this board the largest and most heavily used rod building message board on the internet today. And the posts here aren't idle chit-chat, almost all of them have to do with meat and potatoes rod building.

We are still removing about 10 to 15 posts per day from people who refuse to use their name when posting, or who will not use an email or a valid email (we have not had the means to quickly check email addresses before - we do now).

Granted, our rules are somewhat different than those at other rod building message boards. So anyone who doesn't like the way the program is run here, can feel free to venture to one of the other many, many rod building message boards and find one whose rules suit them better.

The bottom line is that our rules are not open to discussion, they are as they as are and will not change. This site does not clutter your computer with cookies, does not use "pop-up" ads or windows to sell product (and annoy you while you are trying to access this site) and it is not mined for email addresses by the likes of Microsoft or others who are prone to do this on many large general use public message boards or guestbooks.

Considering what this site has to offer, asking you to use your actual and full name and a valid email address when posting is not asking much. And I have said often, if anyone thinks it is, they are free to post on one of the other various rod building boards. Thanks.

Tony - No one in particular has prompted this. Çertainly not you. It has been a rule since day one although we have been lax in validating emails previously.

Date: March 03, 2002 12:10PM

Tom,

Those rules are simple and MORE than fair, and they seem to help people to act reasonably, since they can't hide behind a fake username. Thank you for sticking to your guns!

By the way, your book is GREAT! I'm going to study it cover to cover. I didn't expect the well-placed color pictures! It is laid out in a logical way that makes it easy to learn. I recommend it to everyone. Thanks yet again!

TH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster