I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RodReel Tackle Show 2002
Posted by: Richard's Rod & Reel (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: February 27, 2002 01:47PM

It's already been mentioned elsewhere, so I guess it's time to get in gear about preparing for our annual event we started last year locally.

The RodReel Tackle Show 2002 is mainly a local event in Ft. Frances, Ontario, Canada. What we had last year was mainly a few professional anglers from both the tournament and guiding scene, and a well known regional outdoor writer giving presentations. We also displayed some ideas about our custom rods, and even had a company rep. from St. Croix on hand with promoting rods, both custom and their quality factory rods and blanks.

The idea this year to take place March 29 & 30 is a similar theme with perhaps some more presentation about custom rod building.
We'll entertain bringing along some more rod building supplies with the tackle sales, depending on some further interest as the show is now being advertised to both anglers and custom rodbuilders in a general way.

Since we are sponsoring this site, I think in the next couple of weeks we could offer specials of interest to custom rod builders that possibly would have interest in attending our show, but might be too far away to visit.

Since we offer also a variety of Reels and Tackle, with lots of rodbuilding supplies of interest for custom rodbuilders or anglers, it might be nice to mention a special right now. So here it is:

Richard's Rod & Reel will offer to viewers at rodbuilding.org a special offer a FREE issue of the book by Tom Kirkman..."Rod Building Guide...." ($22.95 Canadian value) for any purchase of
$200 Canadian dollars worth or more (that's about $130 U.S. at current conversion). This offer will continue until the expiry of our show on Saturday March 30!
Now, give us a reason to stock up on that fine book for rodbuilders. It's already a hot seller at the normal price!

We'll make further announcements as we get closer to our show.

Rich Garbowski
Richard's Rod & Reel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RodReel Tackle Show 2002
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 27, 2002 04:58PM

Rich,

This sounds like a good deal for the rod builders. In keeping with our policy of not mentioning actual prices, however, next time just have the guys contact you for the specifics.

I realize you didn't offer a specific sale price on anything, but we fall back into the arena where someone could say that they will give a free book for any purchase of $190! Then the next guy says he'll do it for $180 and on and on. And thus we are off to the price war races, sort of.

This is a bit of gray area and we just have to err on the side of caution here. I left the post as it's not a clear violation but did want to make this mention on the board just so we can all see another scenario where it might be better not to get involved in the actual amount you have to spend to get the deal.

We all know there are some gray areas here and this might be one of them.

Re: RodReel Tackle Show 2002
Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: February 27, 2002 05:12PM

Tom,
You're right. I got a little loosely carried away with the promotion.

Main point is that there will be specials in accordance with our once a year show. Anyone wanting to know more can contact me by email.

Feel free to edit out any numbers.

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster