I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

How much for custom powerwrapper?
Posted by: Elrod (Jon Jenkins) (---.tnt2.branson.mo.da.uu.net)
Date: February 25, 2002 02:58PM

Had a guy today who his friend had a Custom Powerwrapper for sale. Went by to look at it and it is old, but little use. The orings are dryrotted but everthing works fine. It is the modle with the 1/15th HP Dayton motor, drying unit attachment. 6 rod stands, 3 with the double stands for the drying unit, 8ft bed section. The lathe heads are the set screw type, not the self centering chuck.. I have a clemens lathe and certainly wouldn't want to go to this one for a wrapper, but considered using it to either do cork work in a seperate room (but then the dryer portion becomes unusable) or make it into a double dryer unit (would have to modify some things). Anyway, what would be a fair price to purchase this? He said just make an offer.
Model is H258 I believe (much like the new H2894 from Angler's Workshop which retails for $455) he paid $329 for it years ago.
Thanks for your help.
Elrod

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How much for custom powerwrapper?
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 25, 2002 04:19PM

Wish I could help but I'm the guy who always pays too much for things. I have little use for money and am not motivated by it so if I see something I want, I just buy it. Usually I find someone else who got the same thing for 1/2 the price because they were willing to negotiate or bargain a bit.

The Custom Power Wrap is a good unit. If you put a couple hundred or so in it and got some decent use out of it you'd certainly be getting your money's worth. (If I wanted it and was the one on the hot seat here, I'm sure I'd pay the original price for it. But that doesn't mean you should do that - you might get it for less.)

Posted by: Brian Patterson (---.coatsv01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2002 05:21PM

When negociating a price there is one thing that i have learned. The person who says the price first 9/10 times loses and you can get good deals. They may sell you it for less than you'd expect

Posted by: Don Kelly (---.lebnon01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2002 08:15PM

Yeah thats tru just tell them your maximum price and most of the time they will agree with you if your not rediculously low. If he wants 190 tell him youll give him 140 on the spot...in cash. This will often sway a sellers decision!

Posted by: Dick Thurston (---.midtn.chartertn.net)
Date: February 25, 2002 09:10PM

I'm a big fan of the "wouldyatake" method. "Would you take $100.00?" - - if he says yes then you win, if he says no, you win also - -he will either tell you his real wants or you're open to ask him what he would take....you've done your part in making an offer (which really isn't even an offer, but a question. You can go down from there; "I couldn't give a $100.00, but could you take $80.00?"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster