I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

In response to Tom's post about HTML and cookies
Posted by: Kyle Ligon (---.austin.rr.com)
Date: February 24, 2002 01:02PM

Here is a site that will delete all the tracking cookies that have been introduced into your computer.The average net surfer has about 50-150 of these in their computer.Just download their program. www.lavasoftUSA.com Good luck...........Kyle

Ps,sometimes it takes awhile for the site to open

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: In response to Tom's post about HTML and cookies
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 24, 2002 02:38PM

Kyle,

It has been my experience that if you are running a Microsoft operating system, the average user will have over 500 cookies in their computers with just a few months of use.

You can set your computer up to alert you and ask if you want to allow the cookies or set it up to just refuse all. (Some are useful however, on any site you visit often and need your information shuttled back and forth without having to retype.

From the factory, the Windows type operating systems are set by default to allow any and all cookies. Most people have no idea they are being assaulted by them at every site.

Re: In response to Tom's post about HTML and cookies
Posted by: Justin Hansen (---.DATANET.NYU.EDU)
Date: February 24, 2002 03:36PM

I agree with the both of you, but I want to be sure that you all know that cookies are not tracking devices in and of themselves. While they can be used for this purpose most cookies are there for other reasons such as automatic log-ins on sites like @#$%& and preferences for certain sites. You probably shouldn't go deleting all your cookies and such because you might have forgetten passwords for sites that you have automatics log-ins. If you can identify the hazerdous ones then delete those. Another option is to have the computer ask everytime a site tries to put a cookie on your system. If anyone has any questions about it just email me and I will give you directions. I would post it here but it is different for all types of system setups.

Cookies
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 24, 2002 04:45PM

Justin,

That is why I said what I did - if you visit a site often and do not want to have retype your various information in each time, the cookies can be beneficial. This is why it is best to set up your computer to alert you to any cookies being sent and then you have the option of allowing them or not.

They are not the same thing as browser preference files, however.

This program only deletes "spyware"
Posted by: Kyle Ligon (---.austin.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2002 07:11PM

not your good cookies.I only had 24 items removed and none of my "good" cookies were deleted................Kyle

My friend Artie(the rod builder)had 126 in his computer!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster