I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Got my 10,000 post prizes from Rodbuilder Supply!
Posted by: Tony Hill (---.ras11.vahen.tii-dial.net)
Date: February 21, 2002 02:44PM

Happy days!

A tube came in the mail, and inside is my sweet Rainshadow fly blank, grip, reel seat, Titanium guides, U-40 Supreme, accent thread, and a even a junglecock feather to do an inlay with!

Now I only have to build this rod right! I think I'm going to wait and read Tom K's book before I start! I've never built a fly rod before, and I want this one perfect.

Once I start, I will post pictures of my progress.

Thank you Rodbuilder Supply! And thank you Rodbuilding.org!

Can't wait for the rest of the prizes! :)

TH

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Got my 10,000 post prizes from Rodbuilder Supply!
Posted by: Andy Snedden (---.bctel.ca)
Date: February 21, 2002 03:31PM

Tony,

Glad to hear the package arrived safe and sound. Enjoy the building and let me know if you have any questions. I'll look forward to the photos.

cheers for now
Andy Snedden
Custom Rodbuilders Supplies

Re: Rod Building Guide..../Book
Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: February 21, 2002 03:54PM

Tony,
That book you want is a wish granted. It is on it's way with the rest of your prizes.

You will be a busy builder and 'fish catcher'.

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel

Date: February 21, 2002 04:12PM

:)
Thanks Rich! Looking forward to my package from Richard's Rod & Reel! When it arrives, I'm going to lay out all of the prizes, and post a picture of them.

Thanks again!

TH

Posted by: John Burford (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 21, 2002 04:33PM

man iam very happy for you tony for a little while i was becomeing worried as you have not posted in like 2 weeks .... just dident want you to wrap your self in a wrap and worse epoxy your self also ./...good luck and tight wraps ...John T Burford aka Tightline Rod's

Posted by: Elrod(Jon Jenkins) (65.212.56.---)
Date: February 21, 2002 05:08PM

I can't think of a better situation. Someone who has never built a fly rod getting the prize. I know from a business since, once you get 'em wrapping, they'll come back. I also know that is not the "entire" thought process of the gift. Rodbuilders and suppliers are just good 'ole Joe's. Congrats on the prizes, keep us posted on your progress and you know where to come if you have questions.
Elrod

Posted by: William Vivona (---.dynamic.ziplink.net)
Date: February 21, 2002 07:18PM

THILL - I'd like Light blue wraps tinted with gunmetal trim to match the Alewife Assassins on that rod!!!!

Lucky Dog!!

Posted by: Ed Sinn (mrsinbad) (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 21, 2002 09:15PM

Congrats TH!!! I can see you beaming all the way to NY. Looking forward to seeing pics of your progress and the results!!! Don't forget to post pics of the first fish you catch with this rod, no matter how small. :)

Posted by: Jerry Grimes (---.md1.cablespeed.com)
Date: February 21, 2002 10:54PM

Tony
Are you gona have that rod ready for that TF tog trip??

Date: February 22, 2002 12:47AM

:)

John,
New property purchase and work has almost shut down my free time recently. Very little fishing or free time of any sort. It's gettting a little better, but now construction is in the planning stages... It will be worth it in the end.

Elrod,
It's perfect! I was planning to make a fly rod eventually, so winning the components PLUS Andy's expertice was HUGE! Puts me light years ahead of where I would be without!

Mr Sinbad,
Will definitely be posting pics of the progress and the fish caught!

William,
I can't hear you!

Jerry,
I don't think a 4-wt fly rod is suited to Tog... :)

TH

Posted by: Jerry Grimes (---.md1.cablespeed.com)
Date: February 22, 2002 11:40AM

Tony
I though you would dangle one of them12" BA`s with a little crab off that 4 wt LOL.

RE: Venom Plastic Baits
Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: February 22, 2002 12:54PM

Just to clarify, the plastic baits that Tony will receive are from
VENOM called "Chugg ums" and "Skip Shads".
These are even better than the assassins mentioned.
I hope Tony will catch those monster stripers and show pictures for proof! These brand of baits locally have produced some nice bass catches and tournament proven winnings.

Hang in there Tony, the prizes and book are on the way.
One thing I did forget was the important poster for the lucky poster.
Oh, I'll send a poster eventually only it will be better than what I had in mind originally.

Tony, I think you'll particularly like the St. Croix rod case and the fly reel, but that book is hard to resist referring to.

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster