I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

rod wrapper for surf rods
Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 05, 2002 11:29PM

I am looking for a rod wrapper capable of handling a 10 or 11' rod blank. I have built a couple of rods with a friends equipment and am looking for a wrapper of my own. This is just a hobby not a business, so I am trying to avoid going for a mortgage. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rod wrapper for surf rods
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 06, 2002 09:13AM

The Renzetti, Clemens and Custom Power Wrap can all be extended with additional beds to handle rods of that length. Yes, they are expensive, but maybe not so very costly when you consider the work that they allow you to do and the expected lifespan of the machines (many, many years if not decades).

The other route would be to make your own. I am not aware of available plans for such a lathe, but am sure that many people have done just that. Perhaps they will weigh in here.

Posted by: John Burford (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: February 06, 2002 09:56AM

get your self a power wraper motor from flexcoat without the bed
then get your self a 12' 1x12" router your self a slot for 1/2" square dowles down the center and bingo you have a power wraper and dryer for up to 12 foot rod's attach it like a shelf to anywall if you so please hope this helps and tightwraps John T Burford aka Tightline Rod's ... email me if need b

Here's a site with a fully adjustable wrapper
Posted by: Kyle Ligon (---.austin.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2002 11:39AM

It will extend to any lenght for only $3.00.Good luck........Kyle

WWW.FastTackle.com

I just read the rules
Posted by: Kyle Ligon (---.austin.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2002 11:57AM

Sorry about the spam.........................Kyle

I am inquiring about sponsorship in my post at the top of the board.

Re: I just read the rules
Posted by: Robert Balcombe (REELMAN) (---.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: February 06, 2002 02:47PM

I had my bed extended an addition 4 feet by going to a metal fabercator cost was reasonable about 20.00 dallors
Bob

Re: I just read the rules
Posted by: Steve de Poortere (---.NYCM.splitrock.net)
Date: February 06, 2002 08:29PM

Look into the Power Wraper from Pacific Bay it comes 8 feet long
and additional 4 foot sections are available. Contact Mudhole
Tackle they will help you and the price is right.

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.ocean1.eticomm.net)
Date: February 08, 2002 10:34AM

Tony; I basiclly have the wrapper described by John Burford. It is an 8 ft length of 3/4 particle board routed down the center with a square spine all parts are notched in the center to ride over the spine. Works great! you can make the base as long as you want 8-10-12ft

I can send you pictures if you like

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster