I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Concept Guides
Posted by: Rob (---.bluestar.net)
Date: July 17, 2001 02:24PM

Does either Pac Bay or Amtak yet offer guides compatible to a concept guide system? If not, in Pac Bay has anyone tried mixing the model M SIC light high-frame spinning with their SIC fly guides to create the effect?

I'm also really curious about the Amtak blue/purple zirconia guides and wonder if they will be available in a concept guide series.

I'm sold on fuji concepts, just pain paying the price, esp. for the SIC titaniums. Looking for alternatives for my customers, if any.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Concept Guides
Posted by: Chris-Flying Fish (---.jaring.my)
Date: July 17, 2001 08:06PM

You can substitute other guides in the Fuji range. As it says - "Fuji New Concept". Is a concept. Naturally, Fuji has these new guides that give optimum performance for the concept, for baitcasters, basically lighter and lower to the blank. For the spinning reels they use smaller rings that stand further away from the blank (the butt guides).

If you don't want to use SiC (All the new guide design came out in Sic because for the Japanese market they don't make them in hardloy) can substitute the old hardloys like fuji fly guides or the BLVLGs for single foots and the BNLG or BSVLG or BYLG (spin) for nearer the butt guides.

Naturally these won't be as light nor keep the line as close to blank (though some times it is a blessing if you have problems spacing the guides on a troublesome blank), but they still work with the concept pretty well.

Posted by: Joe Meehan (---.ne.mediaone.net)
Date: July 19, 2001 10:12PM

Hi Rob, Been out on the road and just getting back. We don't market a "concept guide" but you can use our guides in a concept fashion with the accelerated step down in size with our standard three foot and single foot guides. I know it's not quite the same but that's all we have right now. We're looking into a low frame single foot in the titanium nitride/zirconia ring for next year. We will offer the highly anticipated blue guides in three foot, high frame and single foot in black, silver matte, and gun smoke. We got word that they will be shipped next week. They'll be here shortly. They would have been here already if my factory hadn't made the whole order up with the wrong ring. It has to be the most sought after product we've ever introduced. We are so excited we'll finally be getting them. I'm sure others will be excited to hear we're getting them as well.

Regards, Joe Meehan, Amtak

Posted by: Rob (206.215.243.---)
Date: July 20, 2001 12:57AM

Thanks Joe, I appreciate your response. I saw these first at the conclave last year and have been excited about them ever since. Do you have a wholesale minimum order for these guides? I'd like to field test a couple sets before placing a large volume order. E-mail me at rcboughton@hotmail.com and let's chat.

Posted by: Sang (---.east.saic.com)
Date: July 20, 2001 10:15AM

You could use the Fuji Alconites, the BLNAG, BLAG and BUNAG with the BFAT tops. These are the same frames as the LNSG and TLNSG, just with the Alconite vs the SiC ring. Very light and should give the same casting profile.

Posted by: Rob (---.bluestar.net)
Date: July 20, 2001 11:43AM

Yes, and I do. I've gone with Fuji Alconite concepts as my standard, as many have. I just was looking for a "sexier" alternative for my customers that didn't cost double the blank but still offered the concept guide system. I'd love a titanium finished SIC or Alconite concept guide in the range of 40 bucks a set. If they're out there--and worth their salt--let me know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster