I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

WOW what a blank GUSA 85monster mag
Posted by: Dorge (---.il.sprintbbd.net)
Date: July 14, 2001 01:40PM

Out of curiosity I got the GUSA 85 Monster Mag form Bob in Custom tackle. This blank is something. On the load test wall after a full 3 lb load, the blank barely dip a cool 14.5 inches. That is even more power than my IM-7 3.5 lb test curve 3 piece british made carp blank first two section. The small program I wrote when put in the figures gone off the chart. I am at a lost. I am not sure my maths is wrong, or the limiting parameter of action on power is not set as high as I need to. My intention is to use it for Big Yellow fin (Amberjack Look alike) fish in Tsing Tao of China, Cobia in Florida, or Sturgeon in Wisconsin, may be even wahoo, tuna in the Bahamas. The rod suppose to have MNSG 40, 25, 20, 16*2, 12*2 and a 10 tip to pair with a Stella 16000 and/or Daiwa 6000HiA. I am not really sure how it should be. Less guides look more and more possible since the blank is so powerful. But again, may be I should add more guides and up the intent poundage on the line used, PowerPro 60 or even higher? This is getting interesting, any experience and info on this blank is sincerely appreciated.

Good fishing (catching) <*)))))))><{

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WOW what an Angler!
Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: July 14, 2001 02:06PM

Hi Dorge,
Send pictures.

Glad to see you posting some of your expertise and let us know about how your adventrures turn out. GUSA are incredibly strong from what everyone seems to mention. Remember the DAM company (in limbo??), they had the SUMO series also incredibly strong. Ever did any testing on them?

I am more in awe of your large planned outings (Tsing Tao, WOW!) than anything to do with the blanks.

Great Fishing. Write a book. I'll want to be the first to buy it.

Post more.

Rich
www.rodreel.com

Posted by: Chef Jim (---.015.popsite.net)
Date: July 16, 2001 02:21AM

Hey Dorge! I hear tell before the GUSA boys got into rod amking, they made their name in golf shafts!
Aloha!

Posted by: Chef Jim (---.015.popsite.net)
Date: July 16, 2001 02:22AM

Hey Dorge! I hear tell before the GUSA boys got into rod amking, they made their name in golf shafts!
Aloha!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster