I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Cordura fly rod tubes w/divided liner?
Posted by: Tom Goodner (---.dialinx.net)
Date: January 06, 2002 12:16PM

Hi all. Just wondering where some of you that build fly rods get your rod tubes if you use the cordura covered PVC style. I really like the kind from Clear Creek with the built-in divided liners for each rod section, so that a separate rod sock isn't required. Anybody have any other sources for these type of rod tubes that might be available in custom lengths, or at least in a good variety of lengths, made for different numbers of sections & in a variety of diameters? Thanks for any info!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cordura fly rod tubes w/divided liner?
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: January 06, 2002 12:27PM

St Croix makes a heck of a nice tube. All lengths. But they will have the St. Croix emblem on them.

Posted by: Rob (---.new-york-31rh15rt-ny.dial-access.att.net)
Date: January 06, 2002 10:07PM

I once bought one of these types of tubes (D.B. Dun) to use on a 4-piece travel rod. I was dissapointed to find that it did not have the divided liners like the standard length tubes. Furthermore, it was a few inches too long and I could not come up with a way to shorten it (only one length was available). Anyone have a solution to either of these two problems?

Posted by: David Henney (---.dsl.wchtks.swbell.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 12:19AM

There is a Company called Bardole I think.. Well anyway this lady use to sell a lot of these cases on Flyshop.com, also a Company called Reddiware will do the same thing.. I have bought rod tubes from all companies mentioned and they are excellent rod tubes.. I know for a fact Bardole will custom buid cases for you, heck probalby all these companies will.. Thanks Dave

Posted by: John Bumstead (---.lnh.md.webcache.rcn.net)
Date: January 07, 2002 12:57PM

Tom: Have you tried stonecreekltd.com? They have cordura tube kits. John

Posted by: gary marquardt (---.FLNT.splitrock.net)
Date: January 08, 2002 11:03AM

I boought some from reddiware last year and they were very nice. I think they will even custom make lengths. The ones I bought came with a leaping trout design and they added the persons name at no additional charge. They are very good to deal with. I think they also do gun cases and other items.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster